Gibson Brands Forums

1993 Les Paul Custom shop serial # 3-0001

Mac Music

Hello,

I am forced (by the banking/ mortgage industry) to come off of a few of my collection. I have been trying to price my 1993 Les Paul Custom Shop with serial number 3-0001. The guitar is clean as a whistle with one nic approx 1" long x maybe 1/16th of an inch deep. This guitar is all stock and in beautiful condition. Case is also original and the lock combo is the same as serial number. Can anyone out there help me value it?

Also going are:

Two - 1968 Les Paul Gold Tops

a 1969 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

a 1972 Les Paul Standard (Tabacco sunburst)

a 1978 Les Paul Custom (Blonde/ Ivory)

a 1967 LEs Paul/ SG standard (refinished black)

a 1975 Gibson Grabber Base (black)

a 1964 Statocaster (Refinished surf green)

Check Gruhn's inventory' date=' the prices are all listed. That should give you a close idea of your collection's value.

[/quote']

An inventory list tells you ONLY one thing, ASKING PRICE, it tells you NOTHING about actual VALUE. Value is determined by SALE price. Sale price is determined by demand. The only price of guitars that means anything is the price for which they have actually changed hands for. Ask George for a list of what he actually sold guitars for in the last year and see how fast you get a dial tone on the other end of the phone line!

An inventory list tells you ONLY one thing' date=' ASKING PRICE, it tells you NOTHING about actual VALUE. Value is determined by SALE price. Sale price is determined by demand. The only price of guitars that means anything is the price for which they have actually changed hands for. Ask George for a list of what he actually sold guitars for in the last year and see how fast you get a dial tone on the other end of the phone line![/quote']

That is true, the prices are all reduced , reflecting the market . All I'm saying is that is a starting point to value his guitars.

Archived