Gibson Brands Forums

NCD

Rabs

A rarity for me...  I got a new car today but not picking it up till Monday.. Very much looking forward to it 😄  (just thought id share that)

Nothing special as such but its a 2019 model so it will just be nice to drive something built less than a decade ago 😄 

CSm6U0k.jpg

kivFvqg.jpg

pj2ogSG.jpg

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Now is the time to buy a car, all right.  Congratulations!

Say, are you a mail man?  They put the steering wheel in the passenger seat.

Ha...   Yes actually I picked a perfect time to go get one.. They were having a sale that was meant to be starting tomorrow and they decided to start it today instead.. If I had waited till tomorrow I would probably have missed this deal.. Got £1000 off of the price...  NICE  🙂

2 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I don’t think we get that brand over here in America. I have no clue what kind of car that is!! 

The front end looks similar to a newer Volkswagen and the rear looks similar to a Subaru. Nice looking car. Hope it treats you well 

Cheers man..  I was looking at VWs.. The new Golf is really nice but they are really expensive..  This is a Vauxhall Astra.. I think in other countries it may be called Opel instead of Vauxhall.. Its a 1.4L 16v SRI (which is a turbo I think)... .. 

9 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Cheers man..  I was looking at VWs.. The new Golf is really nice but they are really expensive..  This is a Vauxhall Astra.. I think in other countries it may be called Opel instead of Vauxhall.. Its a 1.4L 16v SRI (which is a turbo I think)... .. 

Nice man!! Is it front, rear, or all wheel drive? 

28 minutes ago, Rabs said:

I think its six gears actually...  Is that better or worse?

They are both good, the 6 gear may be a little closer ratio meaning shifting sooner but a slight wider range of power, it would be great on the autobahn. I have an FRS that has a 6 speed automatic with manual shifting, but I live on a much smaller Island than you do and sooner or later I will end up where I started..

Edited by mihcmac

It was a tough call:  Wrong side or Does it fly to Hogwarts.   I did spend three years driving that way in Bermuda, and thirty some years later me and Mrs both still say something about "almost pulled out on the left this morning".

Looks like a nice car and I hope it gives you lots of years of trouble free service!

rct

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, btoth76 said:

Congratulations! I am about to purchase a car too. I am considering it's (continental) European version, the Opel Astra.  Nice cars! Perhaps, I will settle for it's little brother, the Corsa.

Bence.

Hey Bence..  Yes I have been looking about for the last few weeks..  I knew I wanted a mid sized car with at least a 1.4L engine.. The Astra comes up as one of the best for the price. And last night I was watching some online reviews of the Astra.. The worst thing any of them said about it was the fact it has some cheapish looking plastic bits on the interior..  So a good choice I think. Apparently the 1.4L Turbo like I have got really shifts.

• Like 1