Gibson Brands Forums

NCD

Rabs

9 hours ago, uncle fester said:

I second that!  Congrats again Rabs - enjoy.

Cheers man.. 
Sadly I have had no time to drive it properly yet, but that will come soon enough 🙂  (work and life getting in the way as always)..

First impressions are pretty good though..  It does way too many things with buttons and computers.. Have to get used to that part. But yeah, it almost doesnt feel real yet like its not really my car, just a loaner or something..  Weird....

I have also now attached my traditional Pink Floyd key fob that I have had since I saw them in 1994.. Its almost like a good luck charm.. So may Lords Gilmour and Waters bless my car and hopefully no momentary lapses of reason  🙂

3xf98yc.jpg

ztRK6s1.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rabs said:

Cheers man.. 
Sadly I have had no time to drive it properly yet, but that will come soon enough 🙂  (work and life getting in the way as always)..

First impressions are pretty good though..  It does way too many things with buttons and computers.. Have to get used to that part. But yeah, it almost doesnt feel real yet like its not really my car, just a loaner or something..  Weird....

You'll feel at home in there soon enough. Get your water bottle, air freshener & music in there and it'll become the new RabsMobile in no time. 🚗 

10 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

You'll feel at home in there soon enough. Get your water bottle, air freshener & music in there and it'll become the new RabsMobile in no time. 🚗 

Yeah, I am sure.. Its just so new its gonna take me time to get used to it. I have hired the odd car or van here and there in my time and it kind of feels like that when I am driving at the moment.. Im sure I will get used to it within a few weeks  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 7:34 PM, Rabs said:

Yeah, I am sure.. Its just so new its gonna take me time to get used to it. I have hired the odd car or van here and there in my time and it kind of feels like that when I am driving at the moment.. Im sure I will get used to it within a few weeks  🙂

I know you will still be enjoying it, but You there yet Rabs? Is it yours or a loan car still 🙃

🙂 Yes I am enjoying it, well when I have a chance to drive it anyway.. Need to take it up the motorway and round some country roads to give it a good drive but that will come. Just got lots of home issues to deal with at the moment, its hard to enjoy anything with that and the stupid virus stuff going on.

Having that extra power is nice but all too tempting, I have to watch myself there... Pretty much got all the buttons and stuff down now, just plain turned some of it off like the forward collision detection system which I just find annoying. I really dont need a computer to tell me how to drive, same with the gear shifting, its always flashing at me. I actually found that stuff more distracting than anything. They shouldnt give you more unnecessary stuff to look at on the dashboard, eyes should be on the road as much as possible.

The odd thing is I am kind of still waiting for something to go wrong like my old cars for the last how ever many years, im just not used to a new one where everything is working properly 😄 . But so far, yes its great..  A good choice I think.

Thanks for asking [thumbup]

12 hours ago, Rabs said:

The odd thing is I am kind of still waiting for something to go wrong like my old cars for the last how ever many years, im just not used to a new one where everything is working properly 😄 . But so far, yes its great..  A good choice I think.

Thanks for asking [thumbup]

I found this when I first moved from old bangers to newer motors. I had one (Auris) with too many gadgets. Mostly they worked well, but the keyless ignition outwitted me on many occasions. The worst & most embarrassing one was when I couldn't lock the doors (except manually). I took it to the garage and they discovered that I had left a spare key in a jacket in the back. [blush]

Happy motoring !

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, Rabs said:

A rarity for me...  I got a new car today but not picking it up till Monday.. Very much looking forward to it 😄  (just thought id share that)

Nothing special as such but its a 2019 model so it will just be nice to drive something built less than a decade ago 😄 

CSm6U0k.jpg

Now that a little more time has gone by, how are you liking it?

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

Now that a little more time has gone by, how are you liking it?

Hey man.. Cheers for asking..

Yeah its all good so far.. Nice to have a car with a bit of extra power when you need it and am more or less used to all the gadgets...   Still get that odd feeling that somethings going to go wrong at any moment but I think thats just after years of having an old car... Im sure that will stop after a while  🙂

• Like 1