Gibson Brands Forums

1946 SJ

bigshoey

That is a certainly a very lovable guitar.  For a while I owned a 1942 J50 (which I still have) and a 1946 LG2 (which I traded off) so one built during the first full year  of war and the other during the first full year of peace.  I used to look at them an think how differently the people who had originally bought them must have felt about the times they were living in.  

Yes- been there, done that. It was all  just too much. And too much value to have in  one guitar when there are so many different flavors out there. But I totally understand the attraction. 

And to what Zombywoof said re: guitars of the wartime era –oh yeah, I’ve totally wondered about the news that was being broadcast over the airwaves, and.. “what the soundhole heard”.

6 hours ago, zombywoof said:

That is a certainly a very lovable guitar.  For a while I owned a 1942 J50 (which I still have) and a 1946 LG2 (which I traded off) so one built during the first full year  of war and the other during the first full year of peace.  I used to look at them an think how differently the people who had originally bought them must have felt about the times they were living in.  

My thoughts exactly