Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

vintagetubetone

Beautiful guitar man. I have a 2015 Custom with the Richlite board. Pretty sure this one has one too. They started to go back to ebony just recently, but I actually like the Richlite board. No need to oil it or worry about the wood shrinking - fret sprout issues included. The Richlite Customs are real nice guitars though hands down. Mine is a rock machine! It’s fun to play. Well, enjoy the new guitar 😀

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

Beautiful guitar man. I have a 2015 Custom with the Richlite board. Pretty sure this one has one too. They started to go back to ebony just recently, but I actually like the Richlite board. No need to oil it or worry about the wood shrinking - fret sprout issues included. The Richlite Customs are real nice guitars though hands down. Mine is a rock machine! It’s fun to play. Well, enjoy the new guitar 😀

Glad to hear it. In the age where new materials can be custom designed for purpose, we should try to embrace it. Might even save a few trees too. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Glad to hear it. In the age where new materials can be custom designed for purpose, we should try to embrace it. Might even save a few trees too. 

One of my R9s from 2019 has the Pau Ferro board or Bolivian rosewood as Gibson calls it. Looks real nice too and hey... it’s real wood haha! Got it cheap too - for a new R9 and has a KILLER flame on the top. I mean killer... it’s definitely one in the stable that gets plenty of playing time. I digress ... Richlite it’s just not ebony but works plenty good for a guitar fretboard. It doesn’t stigmatize me whatsoever just that we note what our instruments are made of. I had 90 days to turn it in, and I just couldn’t get myself to do it because it had a Richlite fretboard.