Gibson Brands Forums

If Gibson and Fender went out of Buiness

Basshole

Gretsch.

Have yet to play a Rick that really has "the rick tone" (I have played 2 and none of them were high end ricks).

ESP (they make this nice strat copy that plays and sounds great... the downside is that it costs more than a standar strat... so while fender is around there's no point).

I don't know, really. There's a company called Stagg I've been meaning to try out for a while that makes nice looking LP copies, but I haven't invested the time to take one down off the wall and play it yet. I haven't really played an Ibanez that I really like... so I don't really know. I guess I'd just be glad I got a gibson while I could =D>

Now is the time for a few of us to put together a package deal to buy the Nashville Gibson plant. Would be a turn key operation.

form a S-corp and start negotiations.

Who's in?

So you talking union job or non union in the long term?

Workers are treated like assets. This is a problem to my way of thinking. Other assets are:

my phone,

my laptop,

office supplies,

my office furniture ...

See? These are also just "things" to be managed with a cost associated to each. Thats what corporate america has done the to workers, union or not.

IF Gibson and Fender (just Those brands) went out of business, but the other companies they owned,

by some miracle, survived, it would be: Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Martin, Heritage, and Guild (especially, for

their acoustic 12-strings). But, I'd probably just try to find "used but not abused" Gibson or Fenders, too.

CB

Archived