Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting wait.

eeh1

My J45 TV VOS LTD ED is somewhere between here and there. Fed Ex picked it up in Georgia thursday with a delivery date to Maine on friday. Since that would be 1203 miles I called fed ex and told them there must be a mistake. They had picked it up in Georgia and flagged it to go back to the shipper the next day. I emailed the shipper and he looked into it. Apparently it did not go back to him and according to the fed ex tracking number it left geogia saturday with a delivery date to Maine today. I checked the tracking and as of March 23 today it has left Georgia. Therefore it is between here and there which means its somewhere. hahahahahahahahahahaha

If I ever get the guitar I will let you know.

I called the fed ex computer. It will be in Hartford tomorrow and then on to bangor. I will pick it up in Calais.

Calling the computer brings you up to date faster than you tracking number page.

Well..................................... at least its not in Goegia. hahahahahahahahaha

I called the fed ex computer. It will be in Hartford tomorrow and then on to bangor. I will pick it up in Calais.

Calling the computer brings you up to date faster than you tracking number page.

Well..................................... at least its not in Goegia. hahahahahahahahaha

Find out when it's due in Essex UK and I'll stand infront of the lorry and demand it is removed therefrom. I can look after it as long as you wish - no charge obviously!

Iam on medication so Iam being chemically altered which is fine with me.

If there is something that makes one less crazy about acquiring guitars and/or waiting for them to be delivered, PLEASE don't tell my wife or I will be on the stuff before tomorrow, possibly against my own wishes.

In my experience, dates and locations of a particular package given by shippers are an estimate. You will not usually know where a package in real time. What you can find out is where it has been.

I think it is a security thing as someone who wishes to ship a package with neferious contents could, if he knew exactly where it was in real time, he could say.. make it go, 'boom', at a time that would do the most damage.

The technology to be able to track a package in real time is there. They just don't share it with the public. If they absolutely had to know exactly where a particular package was in real time, they could come up with the information.

ee1

Picked my Guitar up in Calais couple of months ago - I tracked it every 4 hours from Florida to Calais and was waiting for the delivery vehicle.

I work in St. Stephen so just a rock throw away from Calais.

Purchase gas in Calais which is $0.63 CAD vs $0.84 CAD in New Brunswick - go figure that the gas in Calais is refined in Saint John and it still is cheaper than our gas????

We should have an East Coast Gibson jam and could invite ksdaddy.

Fred

Archived