Gibson Brands Forums

CASE QUESTION - Futura and Explorer

Geff

explorers dont have a specific case. explorers, Vs, and alot of basses use the same case. the case is just an open area with a small compartment under the neck. i think the only difference in body shape is the part just above the 20th frets so it should fit fine, but your best guess is to go find a case (guitar stores) and try it, or get measurements

hope i could be of help,

~gms0623

Actually, Epiphone make an Explorer specific case. If the futura fits it it will be a lot more secure than a generic square case. They are not a particularly common design so none of the local shops has one in.

As for Gibson customer service - SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Actually' date=' Epiphone make an Explorer specific case. If the futura fits it it will be a lot more secure than a generic square case. They are not a particularly common design so none of the local shops has one in.

As for Gibson customer service - SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW[/quote']

oh okay i didnt know. i have a bass case =D> (i think)

and if you have the same case as me a 24 will fit. theres and extra 4ish inches above the headstock in the case

Well I got the futura and the Explorer case and the futura fits right in but, GMS, you were right without knowing it! The Explorer case is a square case but big. The only thing special about it is that the size of the square has been sized correctly to hold the guitar just so. There is also about 4-6 inches spare above the headstock but the 24 frets dont actually make the neck longer as they are at the bottom end of the neck if that makes sense to you (neck Pickup gets moved down toward the bridge a tad to compensate). Loads of storage space and room around the guitar body for soft/light items too.

Well I got the futura and the Explorer case and the futura fits right in but' date=' GMS, you were right without knowing it! The Explorer case is a square case but big. The only thing special about it is that the size of the square has been sized correctly to hold the guitar just so. There is also about 4-6 inches spare above the headstock but the 24 frets dont actually make the neck longer as they are at the bottom end of the neck if that makes sense to you (neck Pickup gets moved down toward the bridge a tad to compensate). Loads of storage space and room around the guitar body for soft/light items too.[/quote']

haha okay, glad it works :D and yea i love the extra space around the guitar too =D>

Archived