Gibson Brands Forums

Back in the fold

rbpicker

Well, my guitar collection had grown to 5 guitars and I wasn’t enjoying  playing 4 of them.  Recently stopped my local guitar shop (first time since Covid), and they had just received a new J45 standard.  I have owned 4 of them in the past (beginning in 1963 with a new cherry sunburst beauty).  

Selling, swapping, etc. led me to a place where I was not playing much...not enjoying the guitars I had acquired, all perfectly fine instruments.  When I picked up and played the new 45 that old feeling hit hard.  This is the sound and feel I’ve been missing.

So between selling and trading I ended up with the new 45, With no money out, which was my goal,  and I am back to enjoying playing and singing again.  These guitars are so great at accompanying the voice it’s no wonder they have such a rich history.  Love the short scale, the fingerboard radius, the Piano-like sound, and the history that is represented, the look.   My other guitar, the one I kept, is a 00Nick Lucas from Ed Bond at Halcyon...a great guitar as well.

I don’t know how to post pics here, but you all know what they look like anyway.  Feeling good about the deal, with no regrets.

rb

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I never actually left the forum....always checking in admiring all the Gibson pictures and reading the discussions.  Kinda knew I’d be a Gibson owner again.

btw, I see you’re a Hoosier, Kelly.  I grew up near Richmond.  GREAT memories of a wonderful time and place.

rb

Edited by rbpicker

Glad your back Roger, and congrats on the new J45.  Hope we get to hear a posting of it sometime soon (one of my favorite songs posted on something was something done by you a couple years back, can't remember the name, but remember the impression it left - great stuff and hope to hear more).

2 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Glad your back Roger, and congrats on the new J45.  Hope we get to hear a posting of it sometime soon (one of my favorite songs posted on something was something done by you a couple years back, can't remember the name, but remember the impression it left - great stuff and hope to hear more).

I thought Roger did a Lyle Lovett tune on his J45 a while ago?