Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
uncle fester

Guitars in action - post your photos

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone...

Shout out to mihcmac, JDGM, and Tman for pictures of rockin' through the years...  each with something from the 70s.

Sparq very cool hanger shot - 

Scales - look like you've got a group of serious rockers

Merciful E - get's arts fartsy award for his first couple, the double extra kudos for the resp

BBP - another nice pic and looks like your are intensely focusing on hammering out that riff...

Anyone I missed - apologies, truly loved looking at all of these.  Here's to better days to come to allow more of these shenanigans!

--------

Notable mention to SteveFord and the vid...  LOL!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eleven + years ago. 

My 50th birthday. 

This was my home-made cake. 

Guitar in action. 
Right before it got eaten. 

😑

HsHEqGg.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Eleven + years ago. 

My 50th birthday. 

This was my home-made cake. 

Guitar in action. 
Right before it got eaten. 

😑

HsHEqGg.png

 

Now I want a guitar with a kit kat bridge, rollo knobs & toblerone tuners. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hershey bar for a pickguard and looks like Rolos for the volume/tone controls!   that's just brilliant.   LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That cake is pretty "anatomically correct".  6 strings, 6 tuning pegs, all the switches and knobs in the right place.  Nice attention to detail.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Eleven + years ago. 

My 50th birthday. 

This was my home-made cake. 

Guitar in action. 
Right before it got eaten. 

😑

HsHEqGg.png

That's just awesome...  we should dedicate a thread to guitars made out of food items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kidblast said:

Hershey bar for a pickguard and looks like Rolos for the volume/tone controls!   that's just brilliant.   LOL!

Looks like a Kit Kat for the bridge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't eat sweets, but as I recall, the attendees to the party reported that it was a really delicious guitar cake. 

I crafted the cake myself, after I learned that the (admittedly good-intentioned) host of the 50th birthday party had ordered a tombstone cake, and was planning to decorate in black crepe paper and all that mourning-style nonsense. 

Guitars = a celebration of life. 

😐

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 1:15 PM, sparquelito said:

I can't eat sweets, but as I recall, the attendees to the party reported that it was a really delicious guitar cake. 

I crafted the cake myself, after I learned that the (admittedly good-intentioned) host of the 50th birthday party had ordered a tombstone cake, and was planning to decorate in black crepe paper and all that mourning-style nonsense. 

Guitars = a celebration of life. 

😐

Thats a sweet looking Les Paul..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah hell why not.  

Here is a pic of my doo wop group playing on a cruise.  The guy sitting down was having knee issues.  He left the band shortly after this gig for health reasons.   That's a Martin acoustic - I had to be the one man band for this gig. 

Emotions-Cruise-Pic.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Ah hell why not.  

Here is a pic of my doo wop group playing on a cruise.  The guy sitting down was having knee issues.  He left the band shortly after this gig for health reasons.   That's a Martin acoustic - I had to be the one man band for this gig. 

Emotions-Cruise-Pic.jpg

Very cool - love me a little bit of doo wop.  How come you didn't get a white jacket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those guys made all the calls.  They would tell us either all black or black slacks and white shirt. 

That was the most fun I've had playing music.  The songs are simple, easy to play and great.  We got to play with a lot of other bands from that era too.  I will never forget having morning coffee with Petula Clark and Chris Montez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karloff said:

FB-IMG-1602601210703-003.jpg

Nice guitar.  I used to have thick curly hair like that.  Nice photo. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found this one. Vinyl Frontiers at a waterside gig (Hill Head - Lee On Solent). The lady sax player stood in for Steve Masters on that occasion while he was hospitalised.

Its was a pretty location on a warm summer's day. We played a later gig there also inside the restaurant close by.

13603590_1813314192231943_74863062731359

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 6:02 AM, merciful-evans said:

Just found this one. Vinyl Frontiers at a waterside gig (Hill Head - Lee On Solent). The lady sax player stood in for Steve Masters on that occasion while he was hospitalised.

Its was a pretty location on a warm summer's day. We played a later gig there also inside the restaurant close by.

13603590_1813314192231943_74863062731359

Although your inside photo op was cool - this one is very nice, great location nice pic.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Karloff said:

Duane ! good to see you. 

Same here

I trust you and your family is doing well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, duane v said:

Same here

I trust you and your family is doing well?

doin ok, lol. hope the same for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...