Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Basshole

How many instruments can you play?

Most of them as I have both arms and hands... but I only play guitar, bass, some drums and some keyboards.

Looking at those guys that have only 1 hand and still play 2 or 3 instruments makes you think you have wasted lots of time.

Guitar' date=' Banjo Uke, Piano, Cello, Trumpet, some drums. The only instrument I really keep up with is Guitar though. [/quote']

I know what your saying. I can play bass the best. I can play chords on the guitar( I write most of the bands songs on guitar) I can play drums at a itermediate level. And trombone is just easy.

Guitar, Mandolin, Bass, Uke, and I can play about four songs on the Piano. I played trumpet for about a year in grade school so I may remember a few songs and scales. I want to try the violin within the next year or so.

Hate to be an arrogant ****, but really everything. Give me 10 minutes and i will kick ur arse at it...

Damn, now im reading it, that was arrogant as hell...

Drums (Orchestral, Highland, and kit), guitar, piano, jew's harp, harmonica, recorder, spoons, hambone (complete with eeefin'), wash-tub bass, bass guitar (learning)

Play'em well? none. If any of my sh!tty skills count then:

Guitar

Bass

Harmonica (I am looking to buy a mic to play with amplification)

1) Saxophone (tenor, alto, soprano and bari)

2) Wind synthesizer

3) Guitar

4) Flute

5) Bass

6) Keyboards

7) Drums

8) Vocals (does that count here?)

9) Computer (sequencer)

I don't have the stamina for drums anymore since I don't have a set, but I could get that back in a few weeks if needed. I've done all of the above professionally and still do most on stage.

Notes

Guitar and cowbell

LMFAO!

I'll just stick with what I can play well (well at least decent enough to call myself that type of player). First, I'm a classically trained (turned jazz) pianist and second, I'm a guitarist (can't play jazz or classical at all on that but I do OK with the blues and rock I guess).

I loved picking on a bowl-back mandolin when I was tiny - it was the perfect size for my hands.

After that (about 9 years-old) I played the clarinet and tenor sax a bit with varying degrees of success/failure.

After I discovered guitar I didn't look back much.

Oddly enough, I've just (2 weeks ago) brought the mandolin & stuff down to London - after the death of my father - and my daughter (4 1/2) is showing an interest in the mandolin so it may be a case of 'full circle'!

I can play (or play *at*) most of the keyboard instruments--piano, organ, harpsichord--but my main instrument is the piano. I can strum enough on the guitar to use it to write on occasion. And I have an extremely basic ability on the violin.