Gibson Brands Forums

How many instruments can you play?

Basshole

Guitar' date=' Banjo Uke, Piano, Cello, Trumpet, some drums. The only instrument I really keep up with is Guitar though. [/quote']

I know what your saying. I can play bass the best. I can play chords on the guitar( I write most of the bands songs on guitar) I can play drums at a itermediate level. And trombone is just easy.

1) Saxophone (tenor, alto, soprano and bari)

2) Wind synthesizer

3) Guitar

4) Flute

5) Bass

6) Keyboards

7) Drums

8) Vocals (does that count here?)

9) Computer (sequencer)

I don't have the stamina for drums anymore since I don't have a set, but I could get that back in a few weeks if needed. I've done all of the above professionally and still do most on stage.

Notes

Guitar and cowbell

LMFAO!

I'll just stick with what I can play well (well at least decent enough to call myself that type of player). First, I'm a classically trained (turned jazz) pianist and second, I'm a guitarist (can't play jazz or classical at all on that but I do OK with the blues and rock I guess).

I loved picking on a bowl-back mandolin when I was tiny - it was the perfect size for my hands.

After that (about 9 years-old) I played the clarinet and tenor sax a bit with varying degrees of success/failure.

After I discovered guitar I didn't look back much.

Oddly enough, I've just (2 weeks ago) brought the mandolin & stuff down to London - after the death of my father - and my daughter (4 1/2) is showing an interest in the mandolin so it may be a case of 'full circle'!

I can play (or play *at*) most of the keyboard instruments--piano, organ, harpsichord--but my main instrument is the piano. I can strum enough on the guitar to use it to write on occasion. And I have an extremely basic ability on the violin.

Archived