Gibson Brands Forums

I'm not really a doctor...

Cruznolfart

We are, once again, officially legal medical marijuana growers now. As of this AM, having

sent in our completed official forms and stuff, via registered mail

and having collected receipts for same for proof, we are now

re-registered legal medical marijuana growers with the state of Oregon.

Each card holder is entitled to 2 pounds of dried material for his/her

use; 18 juvenile plants (less than 12" in width and height) and up

to 6 flowering plants at any one time. I am the designated grower

for Randi. We will be taking on one more "client" who will get a

percentage of their own harvest, the rest of which will be kept by me

for my services.

The buying/selling of pot is still illegal in Oregon and there are no

facilities presently for those who are legal card holders who are

unable or unwilling to grow their own. They must find a legal grower

and make arrangements with them for the growing, harvesting and

transporting of their own stash. Each card-holder may grow for up to

4 cardholders counting himself. So, if we were interested in doing

so, we could take on 2 clients and have up to 24 plants in flowering

at any one time. Based on my own experience, this is more than I'm

willing to take on...it's a LOT of work come harvest time. We'll

actually have to hire help for a few days. How weird is that? Funny

thing is...people come here from all over the country at harvest

time...almost like they know...;-]

move over, Johnny Appleseed!

Oh yeah(guitar content)...I'll be playing my Songwriter deluxe to the plants as they grow. The acoustics inside the grow area are phenomenal!

Cool ... I mean .. FAR OUT MAN!

But what to the feds have to say about it?

Official word from the present administration is that they are NOT going to pursue growers/clinics/care providers or users who are legal under their respective state's medical marijuana laws.

Cool ... I mean .. FAR OUT MAN!

But what to the feds have to say about it?

The feds have been told by their boss to consider state as well as federal regulations when dealing with marijuana. That means that the medical pot laws should be respected by the DEA.

heh, actually a friend of mine and I were planning on moving out to the Emerald Triangle to be growers. Seems like a good move considering all of the recent publicity the legalization movement has been getting. I saw a pro-legalization discussion on Market Watch the other day, and with California being broke again it looks like it's high time for the growing industry to get a few more perks from the state as they bail them out again.

heh' date=' actually a friend of mine and I were planning on moving out to the Emerald Triangle to be growers. Seems like a good move considering all of the recent publicity the legalization movement has been getting. I saw a pro-legalization discussion on Market Watch the other day, and with California being broke again it looks like it's high time for the growing industry to get a few more perks from the state as they bail them out again.[/quote']

Be advised it's become a very popular cottage industry. Locally we experience an annual glut lasting from October through May. If you intend on making a living from it you'll need deep pockets just to get started. Many growers spend upwards of $1000.00 per HOLE before they ever put plants out...not counting the fencing, the security expenses, the doctor's appointments, the permit expenses, etc. It'll cost more to grow it than you can make for the first season until the following summer.

Manicuring, on the other hand, pays $20.00/hour cash...plus bennies. ;-]

Be advised it's become a very popular cottage industry. Locally we experience an annual glut lasting from October through May. If you intend on making a living from it you'll need deep pockets just to get started. Many growers spend upwards of $1000.00 per HOLE before they ever put plants out...not counting the fencing' date=' the security expenses, the doctor's appointments, the permit expenses, etc. It'll cost more to grow it than you can make for the first season until the following summer.

Manicuring, on the other hand, pays $20.00/hour cash...plus bennies. ;-']

At this point in time, the plan was for me, my roommate, and a friend's father to start a growing business. The old guy works in the industrial agriculture business as a nutrients and chemical engineer. Basically, he finds out which plants need so much of what nutrients and what the soil pH should be and he designs systems to keep these at appropriate levels. Basically, he sat down with us one day and was like "y'know, I can make a lot of money growing this stuff" and I think we're going to run with it. Doing some research right now, mostly in the upstart cost/relocation costs.

Anyway, point is... "Made up my mind, to make a new start. Going to California with an aching in my heart."

At this point in time' date=' the plan was for me, my roommate, and a friend's father to start a growing business. The old guy works in the industrial agriculture business as a nutrients and chemical engineer. Basically, he finds out which plants need so much of what nutrients and what the soil pH should be and he designs systems to keep these at appropriate levels. Basically, he sat down with us one day and was like "y'know, I can make a lot of money growing this stuff" and I think we're going to run with it. Doing some research right now, mostly in the upstart cost/relocation costs.

Anyway, point is... "Made up my mind, to make a new start. Going to California with an aching in my heart."[/quote']

LOL! And I wish you the greatest success. Just do your homework. There's a lot more to it than just growing. You need to be safe. It's sure as he!! not the ol' Peace and Love days anymore. Peeps will hurt you if they think you're easy pickin's.

LOL! And I wish you the greatest success. Just do your homework. There's a lot more to it than just growing. You need to be safe. It's sure as he!! not the ol' Peace and Love days anymore. Peeps will hurt you if they think you're easy pickin's.

Thanks for the advice. I might be blind with desire to live in the old days of the Haight-Ashbury, but I really think this is a good, sound career idea. Ever since I first learned that in Amsterdam there were coffeeshops where you could roll a j and relax and enjoy the company of others in a nice atmosphere it's always been a secret dream of mine to one day open one up in the States. Obviously can't do that quite yet, but hopefully in my lifetime :x As the saying goes "If you live long enough to see your dreams come true, you aren't dreaming big enough"

:x As the saying goes "If you live long enough to see your dreams come true' date=' you aren't dreaming big enough"[/quote']

Oh, I dunno...in the Army I used to say my only ambition upon getting home was to have an endless stash supply. 'Course, it's been near 40 years but what the hey? :D/

I used to think the same thing. But if you grow enough it's just not possible.

Haha, no I guess you wouldn't run out. The first buzz of the day was only the only good one for me. Good luck in your cool project!

Archived