Gibson Brands Forums

Waiting To See Those 3 Words

Sgt. Pepper

13 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Still no pics?  🧐

Its still out for delivery and I'm at work. The dogs will let the wife know the mailman dropped off the package and my wife will let me know it arrived. Pics at about 4:30pm after I get home. Mail comes usually around 1 - 3pm.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Looked this morning and the Martin D-35 got to Norfolk, VA and hopefully I will check on USPS site in a few hours and see those 3 beautiful words "Out For Delivery".

I heard those 3 words twice, but it was a lie. Had to forsake my favorite guitar shop for Guitar Center. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its still out for delivery and I'm at work. The dogs will let the wife know the mailman dropped off the package and my wife will let me know it arrived. Pics at about 4:30pm after I get home. Mail comes usually around 1 - 3pm.

Hope it arrives, By the way, congrats Sgt.  I'd like to see it. 

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I even get to rip the plastic off the pickguard of a 5 year old guitar. Ah that new pickguard smell.

"It's still got the plastic on the pickguard! Not only that, but no strings for a decade, so no wear on the neck!" 

2 minutes ago, Pinch said:

"It's still got the plastic on the pickguard! Not only that, but no strings for a decade, so no wear on the neck!" 

Not sure how a 5 year old guitar could be without strings for 10 years. The guy said it was like a new guitar. In a few hours I will see. He said there are new med-light strings on it. This weedend will set it up how I want. Level the frets, if needed and put my gauge strings on and tweek the rod accordingly, and lower the action if need be.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 10/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure how a 5 year old guitar could be without strings for 10 years. The guy said it was like a new guitar. In a few hours I will see. He said there are new med-light strings on it. This weedend will set it up how I want. Level the frets, if needed and put my gauge strings on and tweek the rod accordingly, and lower the action if need be.

Hmmm? A 5 year old guitar, without strings in 10 Dog years? The only thing that makes since to me? Haha.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Maybe he is an Air Guitar artist and just used the D35 for offstage practice! 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Level the frets - i would hope a martin wouldn't need it, but if it did -that's something you'd do on your own?

Just now, uncle fester said:

Level the frets - i would hope a martin wouldn't need it, but if it did -that's something you'd do on your own?

I didn't do it yet. I have leveled the frets on every guitar I own.  Some need one or two and some need more. No guitar made and is absolutely perfect.