Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Waiting To See Those 3 Words


Sgt. Pepper
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Still no pics?  🧐

Its still out for delivery and I'm at work. The dogs will let the wife know the mailman dropped off the package and my wife will let me know it arrived. Pics at about 4:30pm after I get home. Mail comes usually around 1 - 3pm.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Looked this morning and the Martin D-35 got to Norfolk, VA and hopefully I will check on USPS site in a few hours and see those 3 beautiful words "Out For Delivery".

I heard those 3 words twice, but it was a lie. Had to forsake my favorite guitar shop for Guitar Center. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its still out for delivery and I'm at work. The dogs will let the wife know the mailman dropped off the package and my wife will let me know it arrived. Pics at about 4:30pm after I get home. Mail comes usually around 1 - 3pm.

Hope it arrives, By the way, congrats Sgt.  I'd like to see it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pinch said:

"It's still got the plastic on the pickguard! Not only that, but no strings for a decade, so no wear on the neck!" 

Not sure how a 5 year old guitar could be without strings for 10 years. The guy said it was like a new guitar. In a few hours I will see. He said there are new med-light strings on it. This weedend will set it up how I want. Level the frets, if needed and put my gauge strings on and tweek the rod accordingly, and lower the action if need be.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure how a 5 year old guitar could be without strings for 10 years. The guy said it was like a new guitar. In a few hours I will see. He said there are new med-light strings on it. This weedend will set it up how I want. Level the frets, if needed and put my gauge strings on and tweek the rod accordingly, and lower the action if need be.

Hmmm? A 5 year old guitar, without strings in 10 Dog years? The only thing that makes since to me? Haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure how a 5 year old guitar could be without strings for 10 years. The guy said it was like a new guitar. In a few hours I will see. He said there are new med-light strings on it. This weedend will set it up how I want. Level the frets, if needed and put my gauge strings on and tweek the rod accordingly, and lower the action if need be.

Maybe he is an Air Guitar artist and just used the D35 for offstage practice! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 2:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure how a 5 year old guitar could be without strings for 10 years. The guy said it was like a new guitar. In a few hours I will see. He said there are new med-light strings on it. This weedend will set it up how I want. Level the frets, if needed and put my gauge strings on and tweek the rod accordingly, and lower the action if need be.

Level the frets - i would hope a martin wouldn't need it, but if it did -that's something you'd do on your own?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, uncle fester said:

Level the frets - i would hope a martin wouldn't need it, but if it did -that's something you'd do on your own?

I didn't do it yet. I have leveled the frets on every guitar I own.  Some need one or two and some need more. No guitar made and is absolutely perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...