Gibson Brands Forums

Store Just Sent Me This!

Brucebubs

Phew! Just when everyone had given up!

I had a thought it may arrive soon - the Acoustic Centre, Melbourne just got a small shipment of the new models, probably off the same shipment? 1 Original series J45 $AU4899, 1 original series J50 $AU4899 and 1 Original series Hummingbird natural $AU6699, 1 SJ200 Standard $AU9299.

Where do you have to pick it up? Can't they deliver it and save you driving?

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

30 minutes ago, BluesKing777 said:

Phew! Just when everyone had given up!

I had a thought it may arrive soon - the Acoustic Centre, Melbourne just got a small shipment of the new models, probably off the same shipment? 1 Original series J45 $AU4899, 1 original series J50 $AU4899 and 1 Original series Hummingbird natural $AU6699, 1 SJ200 Standard $AU9299.

Where do you have to pick it up? Can't they deliver it and save you driving?

BluesKing777.

I'm in Eden on the far South coast NSW and guitar is in Nowra - sure they could courier it down to me but I preferred to see it 1st hand before handing over the $ balance! Could have chosen a closer Canberra dealer but border closures might have left it stranded it it turned up earlier. They did knock a little off the price for picking it up at store when I ordered it. The courier itself isn't expensive but they weren't prepared to send it down without insurance - which I appreciate!

The store owner described  it as it was like finding a 60 year old guitar in mint condition.

Edited by Brucebubs

1 hour ago, Brucebubs said:

I'm in Eden on the far South coast NSW and guitar is in Nowra - sure they could courier it down to me but I preferred to see it 1st hand before handing over the $ balance! Could have chosen a closer Canberra dealer but border closures might have left it stranded it it turned up earlier. They did knock a little off the price for picking it up at store when I ordered it. The courier itself isn't expensive but they weren't prepared to send it down without insurance - which I appreciate!

The store owner described  it as it was like finding a 60 year old guitar in mint condition.

Fabulous part of the country to drive through!

Depending on which wheels you have.....

BluesKing777.

Long time comin', that one. You were hanging your hopes on a late October arrival, and now it looks like it will soon be in your hands, congrats. Having gone from the Epiphone version of this model first, to the SJ-200, I can say you're really in for a treat. Was there a US dealer in the shipping chain that might've packed the guitar with plastic shipping bubbles? I've never seen one come from Bozeman like that (?).  

Enjoy the anticipation- keep expectations low, and you'll be (more than) pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to hear your report once the two of you are home.

1 hour ago, 62burst said:

Long time comin', that one. You were hanging your hopes on a late October arrival, and now it looks like it will soon be in your hands, congrats. Having gone from the Epiphone version of this model first, to the SJ-200, I can say you're really in for a treat. Was there a US dealer in the shipping chain that might've packed the guitar with plastic shipping bubbles? I've never seen one come from Bozeman like that (?).  

Enjoy the anticipation- keep expectations low, and you'll be (more than) pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to hear your report once the two of you are home.

Guitar was sent to Australia in a shipment straight from Gibson USA - no dealer. Might be the Australian distributor unpacked the guitar and checked it before forwarding it on to the dealer here?

Edited by Brucebubs

11 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

Well, exactly 260 days from order to delivery to store.

2020 Gibson Custom Shop Historic Series 1957 SJ-200 Vintage Sunburst.

Store is a 5 hour drive each way - planning on picking it up middle of next week.

pCj39PEh.png

Das Nice.