Gibson Brands Forums
Karloff

NGD (non Gibson)

2017 Fender Tele, reclaimed Mahogany from Hurricane Mitch. Shawbucker pickups.  even my wife likes it. new semi-old stock. 

Tele.jpg

• Like 3

I'd say that is a very Les Paul like telecaster.  Mahogany body, humbuckers, two volume, two tone, three way switch up top and what looks like a rosewood board.  I like it, congrats and enjoy👍

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Terrific. That's going to be fun to play. 

I like the oversize pick guard also. Similar to the thinlines. 

=D>

thnx. I like it a lot.  it has a nice warm tone but still has bit of a bite to it.  yea, I like those thinlines

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

2017 Fender Tele, reclaimed Mahogany from Hurricane Mitch. Shawbucker pickups.  even my wife likes it. new semi-old stock. 

Tele.jpg

Nice. My first Tele was a '76 or so and looked just like that except it had a natural finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

Tele.jpg

I really like the color of that.👍🏻👍🏻 Two thumbs up.

• Like 1

[love] ooh yes - another good one - mahogany  [thumbup]

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

I love it Karloff. I bet it'll sustain until next year. I have never heard the Shawbuckers (that I know of). Would love to get your take on them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tman said:

I love it Karloff. I bet it'll sustain until next year. I have never heard the Shawbuckers (that I know of). Would love to get your take on them.

I've gigged with it a couple times but not a situation where I could REALLY crank things up. but I like them. they obviously have the humbucker qualities but theres a high end presence for lack of better description that comes to mind, that lets them cut thru. still sounds Fenderish. lower output than my 57 Classic pickups or Burstbuckers but I like the tone.