Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing me and my ES ‘63 Reissue

AdamInAZ

Hi everyone.  I’m new here (1st post).  It’s been nearly 21 years since I last owned a Gibson guitar.  I had a beautiful black 1999 LP Standard that I sold years ago and regretted it ever since.

I’ve always dreamt of owning an ES and today my dream became real.  A friend of mine sold me his beautiful Pelham Blue ‘63 reissue.  I can honestly say it’s the best playing guitar I may have ever owned going back through years of Ibanezes, Fenders, and a few custom builds.

I’m dying to learn more about this guitar.   It’s a limited run from Gibson Memphis  and it seems like not too many were made in this color.  I’d love to know the actual number or anything more anyone can tell me about it.

I think it’s a Wildwood Spec based on the model number.  Not sure how that makes it different from any other ES.  It does have the traditional ABR-1 direct mounted to the body and my friend changed the pickups out for Burstbucker Pros at some point.

All I know is it’s a pretty amazing tone monster.

7994AD50-379D-4731-9D0F-A6770185B0A9.jpeg

Edited by AdamInAZ
Edit for clarity
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion about calling Wildwood.  I spoke with Greg who was super helpful and here’s what I learned.

They looked up the serial number and verified it is a Wildwood Spec VOS guitar.

It was part of very limited run of only 250 guitars (100 of them in Pelham Blue) made in 2015.

Wildwood specific bits include an aged nitro finish, aged hardware, Wildwood spec pickups (Mine were replaced by previous owner), custom spruce bracing and a maple center block.

😎

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...