Gibson Brands Forums

Who is your favorite bassist?

dem00n

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't aware people actually had favorite bass players.

'Do you know how to tell when the stage your on is level?'

'Druel seeps from both sides of the bassists mouth.' :D/

Man I'm such a ****.

:-

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Carol Kaye, when I played bass she was my idol.

Number 1 first-call studio bassist with over 10,000 sessions to her credit:

Check Out Her Website

Now:

LayoutIndex_r1_c2.jpg

recorded by such popular artists like the Beach Boys, Ray Charles, TheRighteous Bros., Johnny Mathis, Nancy Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Glen Campbell, Lou Rawls, Jan & Dean, Henry Mancini, The Lettermen, Paul Revere & Raiders, Monkees, Buckinghams, April & Nino,Sonny & Cher, Chris Montez, Andy Williams, Quincy Jones, Joe Cocker, Ike &Tina Turner, Mel Torme, Bobby Darin, Frank Zappa, Wayne Newton, Herb Alpert, O.C. Smith, Don Ho, Al Martino, and a few Motown (LA).

And if you need more song titles you hard her on, click me! - the sheer versatility of the playing on these titles is impressive.

Numerous movie and TV credits including MASH, Mission Impossible, Brady Bunch, Addams Family, Cannon, McCloud, Room 222, 1st Bill Cosby, Ironside, Kojak, Hawaii 5-O, Wonder Woman, Soap; Thomas Crown Affair, Sweet Charity, Airport,In The Heat Of The Night, Plaza Suite, The New Centurions, Pawnbroker, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, Change Of Habit, Le Mans, Walk Don't Run, On Any Sunday to name a few.

Then:

carolkaye_1974-lib.jpg

Library.jpg

Notes

And no one has mentioned "Flee".

I'll do it then. Flea. Very talented and works great with the rest of the band. I saw a youtube video of a jam him and Chad Smith did. Just awesome. Other than that Les Claypool and P-Nut from 311. They kind of suck now, but he's still pretty good.

chris wood, of medeski martin and wood

phil lesh, droppin the lesh bombs, of the grateful dead

berry oakley, of orig. allman bros.

larry (the mole) taylor, of orig. canned heat

jack cassidy, hot tuna, the airplane

billy cox, hendrix band of gypsies

john entwistle, of the who

lemmy kilmister, of motorhead

and jeff eaton, of split lip rayfield because he tears it up, on a 1972 plymoth gastank, with a single string of weedwhackerline

l_46bcb13f71e633a9f72c7b9b94ba903e.jpg

Archived