Gibson Brands Forums

Yellowstone 2020

rct

I raise a glass to your good health, gents.  And everyone else on the forum.

McEwans Champion ale (a very smooth 7.5%), then the dark stuff;  porter and a shot glass of dark rum.

Cheers.  Have a good weekend.

🎃

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

Depends.  When I make the Rob Roy Turin, an Italian knock off of Scotch and Vermouth, I make 'em pretty ugly.  We are getting hammered, whoever is drinking them with me.

These bourbons and soda are like when I make her a Hendricks and Tonic and a Vodka(whatever we got that's good) Tonic for me.  Pretty lightweight for her, welterweight for me.

Second or third though, I'm pourin like Ali, unified worldwide universal heavy weight.  No sense stepping right up to the line, might as well not be able to remember tonights cigar tomorrow.

lolz

Sound like a lush.

rct

1 minute ago, jdgm said:

I raise a glass to your good health, gents.  And everyone else on the forum.

McEwans Champion ale (a very smooth 7.5%), then the dark stuff;  porter and a shot glass of dark rum.

Cheers.  Have a good weekend.

🎃

I know the McEwans, i lived in your Queens colony once, long ago, the mythic land of Bermuda.  Tenants XX Ale  or Innis & Gunn for me.  CAN'T GET THAT SH1T HERE though.  Buncha panty waists in this country I swear.

Well, Innis & Gunn yeah.  No Tenants though.  I don't even know if they still exist.  Have to ask Pippy, he's a cheap git from up there.

rct

13 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

We just went to Zion and Bryce Canyon a month ago. Maybe Yellowstone next year.

Had a few glasses of Clicquot tonight and thought of you bud 

Oh man!  Refrigetaor Canyon, Walters Wiggles, lunch up at Scouts Lookout.  Observation Point hike, finished the last half mile down by going backwards.  Zion is a definite favorite for us.  Twice we've ben there and we need to go back.  Got sandwiches from that joint out at the back parking lot, took them to Grand Canyon, ate them out on the North Rim.  That was a muthafukkin trip.

Bryce is just reidiculously good.  Twice there too, I'd walk around that beatufiul quiet again.  And fun fact:  One of the best meals we ever had was that little diner out front after a long day of mule ridin.

I am glad you had a few glasses of Clicquot.  I think ofyou every time I pop a Cali cork.  Napa Rose is comin bro.  Can't go to FL for our anniversary this year, so the plan is afoot for a long west coast drive after Mrs retires and vaccination.  We Will Meet There.

rct

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Retired said:

It's been 40 years since I had my last alcoholic drink.  Looks good though.  I still always wonder what this and that tastes like when I go in a store. 

Good on ya. I just realized that with the exception of one night, it's been five months here. I get so hungover these days that it's not worth it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rct said:

Oh man!  Refrigetaor Canyon, Walters Wiggles, lunch up at Scouts Lookout.  Observation Point hike, finished the last half mile down by going backwards.  Zion is a definite favorite for us.  Twice we've ben there and we need to go back.  Got sandwiches from that joint out at the back parking lot, took them to Grand Canyon, ate them out on the North Rim.  That was a muthafukkin trip.

Bryce is just reidiculously good.  Twice there too, I'd walk around that beatufiul quiet again.  And fun fact:  One of the best meals we ever had was that little diner out front after a long day of mule ridin.

I am glad you had a few glasses of Clicquot.  I think ofyou every time I pop a Cali cork.  Napa Rose is comin bro.  Can't go to FL for our anniversary this year, so the plan is afoot for a long west coast drive after Mrs retires and vaccination.  We Will Meet There.

rct

Beautiful!! We rode mules in Bryce too and that was the most fun we had on the whole trip. Honestly that was the most fun I’ve had in YEARS.

We stopped at one of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurants in Vegas on the way out. Can’t remember if you’re a fan or not but it was nice. His beef Wellington is amazing

My Mrs (just married!) and I are always gonna be ready for you guys and Napa Rose!

8 hours ago, Pinch said:

Good on ya. I just realized that with the exception of one night, it's been five months here. I get so hungover these days that it's not worth it.  

Yeah, I had so many hangovers but that wasn't the worse thing, It was the drunkin' spells,  The world spinning around and throwing up.  I tried all sorts of mixed  drinks and combinations. I would down shot after shot of Wild Turkey. Then Doing dope.  Deb got me to stop before we got married so I guess November 17 coming up marks 41 years actually. 

Edited by Retired
  • Like 1

Yellowstone is more name than anything.  It's probably just mid-good bourbon by Bourbo Nerd standards.  Smooth.  Makes a nice cocktail, and I've had it straight and it is good.  "Lighter" than Knob Creek or Booker let's say.  "Lighter" is the only word I got.

rct