Gibson Brands Forums

Pallet of specialty Gibson guitars bound for Sweetwater stolen off truck

ALD323

🎸

Being located overseas it's impossible to access the page, but my inner Sherlock claims it should be rather easy to solve this crime.  Sherlock Holmes Is in the Public Domain, American Judge Rules | Sherlock  art, Sherlock, Sherlock holmes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              🎸

🎸

7 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

🎸

Being located overseas it's impossible to access the page, but my inner Sherlock claims it should be rather easy to solve this crime.  Sherlock Holmes Is in the Public Domain, American Judge Rules | Sherlock  art, Sherlock, Sherlock holmes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              🎸

🎸

Sounds like an inside job to me....

Who knew they were on the truck, and what they were worth?

Truck full of Gibsons, and the steal what was probably the single most valuable pallet? Not a coincidence.

Start with the truck driver, then the loaders. Move from the small fry to the big fish.

Maybe the thief was the biggest Tool fan boy and wanted them all for himself.

Nah. How was the pallet marked and how easy was it to access it? Was it the first pallet you see when you open the door of the trailer? Did they force the driver to open the door or did they bust the lock when he was getting a cup of coffee at the Flying J? No one thought it was odd that a pallet was getting unloaded at a truck stop?

Why would anyone want a replica of a Norlin era LP?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Use of the word 'stolen'  is archaic - pure colonialism.   These works of art were liberated.  By people who need to feed their families.   Greedy corporations will get re-imbursed by fat cat insurance companies.  All Is Well...  All is well....   all is .. well..

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, fortyearspickn said:

Use of the word 'stolen'  is archaic - pure colonialism.   These works of art were liberated.  By people who need to feed their families.   Greedy corporations will get re-imbursed by fat cat insurance companies.  All Is Well...  All is well....   all is .. well..

I forgot that nowadays when we are unhappy with the way stuff goes in our lives, we go out and loot and riot and take what is not ours and what we didn't pay for.

I hope a truck loaded with D-45's stops near where I live.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Brucebubs said:

Truck loaded with 100 Maton guitars was parked overnight with the doors left open.

In the morning they found 187 Matons in the back.

An oldie but goodie, just insert brand of your preference. BK7^3 might feel differently, but all in good fun, and understandable, considering the new superjumbo ruling the Bubs place.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:50 PM, E-minor7 said:

🎸

Being located overseas it's impossible to access the page, but my inner Sherlock claims it should be rather easy to solve this crime.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                🎸

🎸

Just noticed you were unable to view the newscast... perhaps this blogger's piece might be viewable (and we thought acoustic  guitar nerds were over-the-top): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5QLWkJ0QtE&t=312s

26 minutes ago, 62burst said:

An oldie but goodie, just insert brand of your preference. BK7^3 might feel differently, but all in good fun, and understandable, considering the new superjumbo ruling the Bubs place.

Correct weight!

I have three 00 size Matons (808) that are just superb, first is budget model, next was mid price custom finish and the last on was the top of the line Messiah model. All played at a shop by me. All flawless with perfect factory setup. Best pickup on the planet, Maton AP5-Pro. Just plug it in! What a concept, eh?

I have no idea what others are like quality wise, but I’m sure they make stinker mahogany as good as the next!

BluesKing777.

32 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Just noticed you were unable to view the newscast... perhaps this blogger's piece might be viewable (and we thought acoustic  guitar nerds were over-the-top): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5QLWkJ0QtE&t=312s

Thx - got it, , , , so did the web, the Tube, this bold new world. . 

Yours sincerely

Holmes

16 minutes ago, BluesKing777 said:

I have three 00 size Matons (808) that are just superb, first is budget model, next was mid price custom finish and the last on was the top of the line Messiah model. All played at a shop by me. All flawless with perfect factory setup. Best pickup on the planet, Maton AP5-Pro. Just plug it in! What a concept, eh?

I have no idea what others are like quality wise, but I’m sure they make stinker mahogany as good as the next!

Stinker mahogany? I hope you mean sinker mahogany, or I'm not in a hurry to play any of your guitars.

1 hour ago, j45nick said:

Stinker mahogany? I hope you mean sinker mahogany, or I'm not in a hurry to play any of your guitars.

No, I meant stinker mahogany as in Maton are probably making their share of stinkers as well as any other guitar co, especially under the current circumstances. ....

We have been in lockdown and the Maton factory closed - until 2 weeks ago, we were only allowed to drive 5 km (about 3 miles) and then 25 km (about 15 miles). We have had no new virus cases for 2 weeks and today our state leader announced a raft of changes including removal of the 25 km limit!

So I am now allowed to drive to the guitar shop I like BUT.....they have been totally SKUN by lockdown online sales! All the good Matons are gone! Sold. No Custom Shops. Handful of Gibsons like I already have. The only Martin I was interested in, a 0028, sold last night! I was thinking a mahogany 00-18 plane jane under the influence of Dave Hamburger’s videos playing his 50s 00-18....but they haven’t had anything like that in years..here.

AND....... I had a birthday the other week and got a music shop voucher and bought 2 gold capos online and they haven’t turned up! I mention this because that well and truly confirms there will be no online guitar purchases! AND,.... I got my Tax Return!!! I need to spend it before it gets appropriated for...eek...household items...eek.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

Seems this virus has been pretty good for guitar sales and toilet paper.  Maybe even some guitars made from toilet paper...

That theft was in my back yard, my J-45 came from Sweetwater.

Hard to say if it was targeted or not, might have just been  opportunity.  Skid closest to trailer door.  Made for some free publicity to see it as a target... 

2 hours ago, Seagull said:

Seems this virus has been pretty good for guitar sales and toilet paper.  Maybe even some guitars made from toilet paper...

That theft was in my back yard, my J-45 came from Sweetwater.

Hard to say if it was targeted or not, might have just been  opportunity.  Skid closest to trailer door.  Made for some free publicity to see it as a target... 

Yeah did the thief's know those guitars were on that truck (inside job), or were they just at the back and easily accessible.  Was the driver forced to open the back, or did the driver leave it open and go take a leak and he was in on the scam. Were they just stealing whatever came through there and that is what they grabbed.

And if it was in your backyard why didn't you call the cops on em. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper