Gibson Brands Forums

1972 ES-320TD Bridge Problem

mediumgorilla

Hey y'all, new to this forum. I just got a 1972 ES-320 TD and upon changing the strings realized that some of the plastic saddles are beginning to chip and come apart. 

The first problem is that for some reason Gibson decided to round off the end of the bolts used to hold/ adjust the saddles so instead of simply changing the saddles, I need to change the bridge. 

Therein lies the second problem: the bridge on the 70's ES-320's isn't a normal harmonica bridge from that era. The bridge is hollow and sits on two upturned pieces of metal on the mount on the guitar. I believe the only similar one is on the 72 SG Special. 

I was wondering if I need to replace the entire bridge set up or if anyone had an extra bridge that fits the bill that they would be willing to sell me. 

Thanks guys! 

A friend of mine machined up a set of brass saddles for his about 20 years ago. I’m not sure if the cheaper bridge was also made by Schaller, if it was, maybe the saddles could be interchangeable or able to be modified to fit your bridge.