Gibson Brands Forums

More from the new AC/DC album

Rabs

Is it just me, or is Angus looking kinda ridiculous wearing the schoolboy uniform nowadays?

He used to look cool. Now... not so much. 

I think he ought to just start wearing jeans and Tshirts like everybody else in the band.  

He deserves it. And I'd like to see him play that way. Just once with his big boy pants on! 😃

9 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Is it just me, or is Angus looking kinda ridiculous wearing the schoolboy uniform nowadays?

I think he ought to just start wearing jeans and Tshirts like everybody else in the band.  

He deserves it. And I'd like to see him play that way. Just once with his big boy pants on! 😃

I agree..   Even his duckwalking has slowed down...  But I guess after all of these years whats the point in changing now.. This could very well be their last album.

But Angus playing in jeans and a tshirt..  there are vids of him doing that once or twice  🙂

Yes I've seen those vids. 

I was just thinking it would be nice to see him play a whole AC/DC concert dressed like the other members.  

But you know, after playing that way virtually his whole life, maybe he might feel uncomfortably weird playing in jeans and a T-shirt!

Edited by brad1

On 11/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, brad1 said:

Yeah a 65 year old man wearing a schoolboy outfit is ridiculous. And what Lady (S-hitbag) Gaga does is ridiculous too. We did dress up already in the 70's with Kiss, Elton and Alice Cooper.

I don't listen to them after Highway. They just don't do it for me after Bon passed. Their okay, but like the Rolling Stones, AC/DC is the the best AC/DC tribute band there is.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, brad1 said:

Yes I've seen those vids. 

I was just thinking it would be nice to see him play a whole AC/DC concert dressed like the other members.  

But you know, after playing that way virtually his whole life, maybe he might feel uncomfortably weird playing in jeans and a T-shirt!

He might, but I'm sure that is what he wears most days not on stage.

He says the suit pulls him in every time - says he goes from being a quiet little tramp having a cup of tea and a smoke to being a full out rock machine when he puts it on!

I like the new album - probably more than I have any since Flick of the Switch - which it reminds me of. It rocks out more (ironically) than Rock or Bust, and is consistent right through. Through the Mist of Time, Demon Fire, System Down and Witches Spell I particularly liked straight away...and some cool blues riffs and licks among others. A very solid effort from the old blokes!

Edited by 'Scales

I, too, was never a big Brian-era fan.  I never bought any post-Bon albums (not even Back In Black) even though I enjoyed hearing them and went and saw them live a few times with Brian (great shows).  

That all being said, this recent album is good solid effort of catchy rock and roll.  Good for them.  Probably a few of them could use the cash, too.

34 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

I, too, was never a big Brian-era fan.  I never bought any post-Bon albums (not even Back In Black) even though I enjoyed hearing them and went and saw them live a few times with Brian (great shows).  

That all being said, this recent album is good solid effort of catchy rock and roll.  Good for them.  Probably a few of them could use the cash, too.

Like Motorhead used to do they make the same album over and over. If you have Powerage and BIB you have the Bon era and Brian era in 2 neat packages and don't need any more. If I ever hear Shook Me All Night Long ever I'm gonna lose it. It's at Stairway status for me. Bohemian Rhapsody is getting that way too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, uncle fester said:

Out of enough curiosity to ask here, but maybe not enough to google it...  what types of amps / stack did angus and malcom play through - anyone know?

Marshall plexi's - vintage originals - lots of them, no effects.

google 'Rig Rundown Angus Young ' and enjoy the video. [thumbup]