Gibson Brands Forums

Jason Isbell and Amanda tell county music to stick it

Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Big Bill said:

Just curious. Do play guitar or even own one. Do you even listen to music at all? You never seem to contribute anything to what this forum represents. You just appear to have a boner for Sgt. Pepper.

I have nothing more to say. I'm just hasd to ask...

1 hour ago, jvi said:

yes Bill, I do play.have for near 50 years, have owned most brands and models. I listen to hours of music a day, play most days.That said a certain persons rude comments do bug me, your support of him is odd but par for the course these days.

IMHO,   Big Bill is one of the coolest MF'ers on this forum.  anyone or anything that's par with him is a good thing ... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rct said:

For a handful of electrics that get strings fairly regularly I couldn't pass up the bulk price.  I don't think I'll be a user past this batch I have right now.  They are just ok feeling to me.

rct

Yeah they didn't wow me even for the price. I was a Dean Markley guy.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:05 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

First he is African American (cause he is) and gay (cause he openly admits it). I have no issues with that. He needs to dress like a fruit loop to get attention and say look at me. He tries to look fabulous, but his music is an absolute joke like 98 percent of the other so called country music out there.

Him and Billy Ray Bob Miley Cyrus are the reason we have Covid. They with their terrible song and lame dancing did this to us.

you guys support this kind of talk?  shame on you.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, jvi said:

you guys support this kind of talk?  shame on you.

I guess its 1984 and you are Big Brother telling us what we can say and do and think and post.

I guess I'm a Double Plus Bad.

He does dress like a Fruit Loop.

Case in point here he is as Nicki Minaj for Halloween and his normal day dress. Looks like a Fruit Loop to me.

jwyvARY.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The Nudie suit always looked like Liberace to me, so yeah, western wear has always looked gay to me ever since.

I've never had much use for negative opinions about bands or people for that matter. I've always been a live and let live kinda guy.

I've posted here only once in the last six months or so. I check in occasionally mainly to see if this place has changed, and it hasn't. In this thread, there have been at least two rules violations, and it seems the moderator(s) has, again,  decided to take a vacation. Ten years ago, the ban-hammer would have fallen for some of these posts. For the most part this place still sucks, but it was my first guitar forum, so there is some sentimental value that draws me back. Like everything these days, people on all sides are outraged by, and overly sensitive to, anything that doesn't fit their own agenda, or anyone who disagrees with them.

Edited by zigzag

6 minutes ago, zigzag said:

The Nudie suit always looked like Liberace to me, so yeah, western wear has always looked gay to me ever since.

I've never had much use for negative opinions about bands or people for that matter. I've always been a live and let live kinda guy.

I've posted here only once in the last six months or so. I check in occasionally mainly to see if this place has changed, and it hasn't. In this thread, there have been at least two rules violations, and it seems the moderator(s) has, again,  decided to take a vacation. Ten years ago, the ban-hammer would have fallen for some of these posts. For the most part this place still sucks, but it was my first guitar forum, so there is some sentimental value that draws me back. Like everything these days, people on all sides are outraged by, and overly sensitive to, anything that doesn't fit their own agenda, or anyone who disagrees with them.

Not that gay.

38 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Being called OP makes me feel Gay. - Album on Imgur

No there isn't. I came to the realization  a while back that gay and lesbian couples should definitely be allowed to marry and be just a miserable as us straight folks and should pay alimony and child support too. And before you chime back in Canadian that is not a joke or a slight on the gay and lesbian community although you will turn it into such. So save you f-in response stalker.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

This outfit is not as sweet at Nas X's. I've read post from the old legends that this forum  used to be the Wild West?

This is the guy Keef Richards says he was scared to take drugs with.  I saw that suit at the Country Music Hall Of Fame. It was  in the Austin Outlaw Country Exhibit they had a few years back when me and my wife went.

skN25o3.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

No there isn't. I came to the realization  a while back that gay and lesbian couples should definitely be allowed to marry and be just a miserable as us straight folks and should pay alimony and child support too. And before you chime back in Canadian that is not a joke or a slight on the gay and lesbian community although you will turn it into such. So save you f-in response stalker.

I don't know how to speak Canadian ...   but I love my Traynor amp if that counts for anything.

Edited by Karloff