Gibson Brands Forums

Any Pearl Jam Fans?

elessar820

I just downloaded the Legacy Edition of Ten and so far so good. I'm only up to Alive, but the new mix of Evenflow was awesome, the solo is the biggest difference. I'll try to post more of a review later on or tomorrow after I listen to it at work. I also picked up Crack The Skye by Mastodon, but I think I'm pretty much alone on that one.

I've listened to almost the whole album and after realizing my speakers are shot, there isn't much difference. Anyway, VS. is their best album anyway.

Flight, they definitely have a lot of live albums considering they release pretty much every concert now. It's pretty cool actually, I was able to get the show I went to.

Pearl Jam and Creed go into a catagory that I have. They are both good, but no one seems to like them. I might be exagerating but most people dont like them. besides making music that you like, you have to make shure that people like your music to or its not going to sell to the masses.

Pearl Jam and Creed go into a catagory that I have. They are both good' date=' but no one seems to like them. I might be exagerating but most people dont like them. besides making music that you like, you have to make shure that people like your music to or its not going to sell to the masses.[/quote']

I always thought it was funny that Mark from Creed would always say that he never listened to or liked Pearl Jam, yet he had A LOT of stolen licks and riffs from their music.

I would bet that there are a lot more people that admit to listening to PJ over Creed though because it's the cool thing to hate Creed...they're a diamond selling band, yet no one admits to liking or listening to them.

As for PJ though, I'm picking up that 2 CD/DVD set in a bit, I can't wait. I've liked pretty much every studio album the band has released up to Yield. After that they turned into this really boring mediocre band. Again though, if no one likes PJ...how exactly do they sell out their whole tours every time.

I liked Ten' date=' but they kinda got predictable in the next couple albums. I'll have to check out thier live stuff, a lot of good bands, like Little Feat, are 100x's better live than in the studio.[/quote']

Agreed! So many bands sound 5hit recorded and awsome live

Flight959

Agreed! So many bands sound 5hit recorded and awsome live

Flight959

Govm't Mule tries to simulate a live situation on the Studio, they set up like they're on stage, bring in a few friends to watch so they have an audience, and they don't worry about the drums bleeding into the Vocal mics or any of that. But they still can't quite capture what they do live.

I always thought it was funny that Mark from Creed would always say that he never listened to or liked Pearl Jam' date=' yet he had A LOT of stolen licks and riffs from their music.

I would bet that there are a lot more people that admit to listening to PJ over Creed though because it's the cool thing to hate Creed...they're a diamond selling band, yet no one admits to liking or listening to them.

As for PJ though, I'm picking up that 2 CD/DVD set in a bit, I can't wait. I've liked pretty much every studio album the band has released up to Yield. After that they turned into this really boring mediocre band. Again though, if no one likes PJ...how exactly do they sell out their whole tours every time. [/quote']

Kiss almost failed as a band because they sucked in studio. When they released kiss alive, everybody went coo coo for cocco puffs

I've liked pretty much every studio album the band has released up to Yield. After that they turned into this really boring mediocre band. Again though' date=' if no one likes PJ...how exactly do they sell out their whole tours every time. [/quote']

They've changed a lot, but they still have some pretty good songs. I like the stuff after Yield, but it's not nearly the same. I still think Vs. is there best album. 2000 Mile Blues on the reissue is a pretty good song, typical Eddie Vedder "what-the-hell-is-he-saying" vocals, but McCready is awesome on that song.

I grew up listening to grunge' date=' I like it but I gotta have some solos!!!![/quote']

Yeah, it's what I grew up on too, I'm still a big Alice in Chains fan, I'm looking forward to the new album with the new singer. It should be interesting, I mean AC/DC were still able to be a great band after Bon Scott died and Brian Johnson took over. I'm hoping William DuVall can be their Brian Johnson. If it sucks, I'll have to wait for another one of Jerry Cantrell's solo albums.

I grew up listening to grunge' date=' I like it but I gotta have some solos!!!![/quote']

But there's tons of soloing on PJ albums, McCready especially goes off on Ten and VS. The whole band seemed to really mellow out though from Vitology onward. Even live, they just seem more like the E Street Band or Bob Dylan than PJ. I understand growing up and progressing, but they almost kind of regressed...into the 60's folkiness.

The main difference I'm hearing from the original Ten and this Redux edition is that you're really hearing a lot more of McCready's guitars and his solo's.

Archived