Gibson Brands Forums

New Epiphone Inspired By Gibson Guitars

Brucebubs

Epiphone has been phenomenal  this year.

Every single time they release something my jaw is on the floor. Everyone over at Epiphone needs a raise. For real.

These acoustics are looking like the best offerings they've done so far. Add that to the Frontier and Excellente reissues they've done, and Epiphone is proving their unbeatable value again and again.

Most of the videos available at this point don't really do the sound justice yet. Even from what I've heard, the Hummingbirds seem to sound the best.

I literally just ordered a Masterbilt AJ45. Then the Inspired By Gibson J45 was announced. It made my head spin. I'm so excited for the Aj45 but wow...finally the rest of us can afford a fantastic, proper J45 without having to take out a mortgage or sell a body part...

So proud to be an Epi player right now!

Edited by Viktorija Arsic
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 11:47 PM, Brucebubs said:

All solid woods - better looking 2 color pickguards - more period correct tuners - no more 'barn-door' pick up controls - bone nut & saddle - no more thick high gloss finish.

AND....AND! ...Take a close look at the new Epiphone headstock shapes on these models.....much more Gibson like in shape...not that horrid penis shaped bulbous Epiphone headstock they have been using for years...BIG IMPROVEMENT! I'd buy one just for that reason alone!!

Edited by ALD323

If one of those Hummingbirds get into my hands, they may not get it back.

I just got a Gibson J-45 Studio in October, wish I knew these where coming out.

After three years I was so impressed with my AJ-45 I wanted to try the next step.  I am not unhappy with my Studio, far from it!  But, a man can only justify owning so many guitars, and I pasted that point several guitars ago...

On 11/24/2020 at 6:09 AM, Seagull said:

If one of those Hummingbirds get into my hands, they may not get it back.

I just got a Gibson J-45 Studio in October, wish I knew these where coming out.

After three years I was so impressed with my AJ-45 I wanted to try the next step.  I am not unhappy with my Studio, far from it!  But, a man can only justify owning so many guitars, and I pasted that point several guitars ago...

Hi Your AJ-45 and J-45 studio should be all you need..they are both super great guitars!  ...Unless of course you want a Hummingbird too.!There were a several of those new  inspired Epi Hummingbirds in Sweetwater for sale last week...they were gone in a heartbeat! I have an Epi Hummingbird and a Gibson Hummingbird....they are enough to make your tongue hang out. I had to give in....I may even go for the Inspired by Hummingbird and sell the Epiphone Hummingbird artist. The 45 series are growley rich...The hummingbirds are sweet and refined, great to sing by. Either way, your good to go!

Edited by ALD323
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 8:15 PM, ALD323 said:

Hi Your AJ-45 and J-45 studio should be all you need..they are both super great guitars!  ...Unless of course you want a Hummingbird too.!There were a several of those new  inspired Epi Hummingbirds in Sweetwater for sale last week...they were gone in a heartbeat! I have an Epi Hummingbird and a Gibson Hummingbird....they are enough to make your tongue hang out. I had to give in....I may even go for the Inspired by Hummingbird and sell the Epiphone Hummingbird artist. The 45 series are growley rich...The hummingbirds are sweet and refined, great to sing by. Either way, your good to go!

I have an Epiphone Hummingbird Pro.  It will be my grandsons guitar one day.  But if I get the chance to upgrade him to one of these first I will.  He is only 2, so I have a little time yet...

The pro is my profile picture.

• Like 2