Gibson Brands Forums

The best band to watch live?

Basshole

I saw them on the Perfect Strangers Tour in 1984. Incredible. I will never forget the power of that band. Ian Gillian's voice. Roger Glover's thundering and moving bass lines. Ian Paice's drumming. Jon Lord on that Hammond organ. And of course Ritchie Blackmore's stratocaster guitar.

One of the best show's I've ever seen.

Thanks for rubbing it in#-o That's the show I left my ticket for, at home. I ended up listening to the whole concert on the hood of a car in the parking lot.

Thanks for rubbing it in#-o That's the show I left my ticket for' date=' at home. I ended up listening to the whole concert on the hood of a car in the parking lot. [/quote']

Sorry Saturn, but that was the same tour I saw them. I was in the front row right in front of Blackmore and leaning against the stage.

He didnt smash his Strat that night, which means that it must have been one that he approved of.

However, I am pretty sure that I have irreparable hearing problems as a result of that show - and I am not joking on this score. I was right next to the PA and I could not hear properly for days.

I remember the Melbourne Show so well. Gillan had refused to play any songs from the Coverdale era. Blackmore was livid, and during a jam session in the middle of the gig, Blackmore belted out the riff to Burn. Ah, the conflict between those two.

An Old Guy sez:

Quicksilver Messenger Service (w/o Dino, praise the Deity)

Fleetwood Mac w Peter Green

Rolling Stones

Grateful Dead

Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Bangor Flying Circus

Cream

Archived