Gibson Brands Forums

Elizabeth

I too have to say it's real fake.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              But could be a good guitar still. Send more pic when possible. 85 % of us are curious - and we can all learn from it 

• Like 1

I owned 3 of these "Gibsons" in the 90s. The ones I had were not much more than GSO's (guitar shaped objects). They were solid wood, amazingly. I could tell because every piece was cracked.... top sides, and back, and the wood was warped so bad you'd never pull the pieces back into alignment. Not one of them actually functioned as an instrument. And I'm being kind, especially in the wake of me saying there's nothing to gain by insulting someone's instrument in another thread. If they had any redeeming qualities, I would surely point them out. There were none.

One was a crude copy of a Gretsch Rancher (yes, with the triangle sound hole). Sunburst, wood binding. Yet it had a Gibson logo. I sold it on consignment at an antique shop for $25. Bet they walked on air until they found out the truth.

The other two looked like 70s J45s from 50 feet away. I literally tossed both of them into a dumpster at our landfill. I wonder if they got fished out...