Gibson Brands Forums

Another NGD for me...

mihcmac

I just bought one of these a couple of days ago from Music Zoo. I have been trying to find one I could afford for a long time, original or re-issue. I was very pleased to get this one for 449 with free shipping to Hawaii. This one also has full sized CTS pots and a C profile neck like my new 339.

Epiphone-Wilshire-2020.jpg

The 2009 Gibson Custom Shop version disappeared  very quickly and the price kept going up. Currently this USA version is selling used for around 3k.

whed6gcrob8f6vyknhi2.jpg

My Wilshire should be delivered in about a week..

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I had a few different models of these back when they almost new, I did have a 64 that was brand new, I miss them all very much..

eoXkiqG.jpg

The  Wilshire

• Solidbody Electric Guitar
  • Mahogany Body
  • Mahogany Neck and Indian Laurel Fretboard
  • Medium "C" Neck Profile 
  • Medium Jumbo Frets
  • 24-3/4" Scale Length
  • 1.693" GraphTech NuBone Nut Width, 12” Fretboard Radius
  • Epiphone PRO P-90 Soapbar Pickups
  • 2 Volume and 2 Tone Controls, CTS Pots
  • Graphtech Nut
  • LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic™ Bridge and Stopbar Tailpiece
  • Epiphone Deluxe Tuners with Ivory buttons
  • Nickel Hardware

•••••••But if you like the Jr DC style, you may like the Epiphone Coronet.. •••••••

front-banner-1600_900.png

Edited by mihcmac

Oh dear, I forgot to show the new Crestwood..

front-banner-1600_900.png

In the early 80's I found a Silver Fox in a pawn shop which I thought was just weird green Epiphone. Later traded it off for something with a Floyd Rose, now, a 60's Coronet Silver Fox can bring up to about 6k.

CkC7AtfWgAAoUW4?format=jpg&name=large

One of the many times I fumbled... Oh well... 🤢  🤮

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I dig those! Have I got any more room?

These have been missing from the lineup for a while and pushed me over my limit. I just bought a new 339, it isn't even broken in yet, then I saw these and couldn't help myself, just had to have one..

Edited by mihcmac

2009 Gibson Custom Shop Epiphone Wilshire 62 Re-Issue

The  Gibson Custom Shop Wilshire, with the symmetrical body, represents what could possibly be built at the Qingdao facility to re-introduce a Gibson/Epiphone design that was produced in 59 and it fits in an SG case .

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

I got to play it a little today, so far everything is good. A few of my concerns before buying were laid to rest after actually seeing it. 

No veneer, the body is 2 blocks of mahogany with the seam exactly down the middle.

No scarf joint, the neck is one piece except for the wings on the headstock like a Gibson.

OV3h0O7.jpg

The rounded C profile neck is pretty flat with no buzzing on the 12" radius finger board and I did dress the fret ends a little.

The Epiphone Deluxe Button Tuners feel very smooth and no string popping on the nut.

The P90 Pros sound great, no microphonic's.

The CTS pots are silky and precise, like on my 339..

It is an absolute joy to play very reminiscent of my SG's without as much neck dive.

I will do some better photos after I peel the rest of the plastic off. But, I gotta go play it for a while.

•• I really love this neck it is so solid and the high notes are so easy to hit.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2