Gibson Brands Forums

How would you make a les paul studio the best it could be?

jrseriel

Cherry, Tea, Honey and Lemon burst options would be nice, with cream plastic trim. Not worried about flames - this owner prefers plain tops. Nickel hardware would be preferable to chrome. And let's go back swiss cheese hole weight relief - not chambers... +:-@

Plus' date=' they're only ugly if compared to a nice AA, AAA top guitar. How many Strats do you see painted solid colors and no one seems to complain about them. Why does a solid black LP with no binding have less stage presence than say a Black Strat?[/quote']

Wow... exactly what I was going to say... looks like great minds think alike... :-

Still a beautiful thing to look at. Just not as much as say a Standard' date=' Much less a Custom.[/quote']

This will sound weird... but I do like the standard more like the custom, maybe it's the bound headstock and the block inlays what I dont like as much as what comes in the standard... another thing is, the finish and the plastic: the traditional custom is black (or white), and the traditional standard is either a goldtop or a burst (and by traditional I mean the most common and frequently used as example).

For a white guitar I love studios. Either with chrome or gold hardware... they look so elegant and nice, just white with no binding.

For burst and goldtop I love the look of the standard: white/creme plastic, nickel hardware.

So for me there's not much in a custom to look for... They are great guitars but I like the standard more.

When i was younger my first les paul was a studio, i used to do a lot of fret tapping, and continually knocked the pickup selector switch with my right fore arm. this drove me mad..... :- so i rewired the guitar with 2 volumes and a master tone control and moved the selector switch to the old tone hole. i also took the covers off the pickups, and sanded the lacquer off the back of the neck to leave a natural finish,(played faster).

I agree that they should have a 60's neck profile option.

Wow... exactly what I was going to say... looks like great minds think alike... :D

So you're thinking that if you can find those old Strat colors (seafoam green, etc.), Gibson should start painting the Studios those colors? I notice they already found the can of Teal paint. Next I'm guessing the purple and after that the radioactive green and a lovely warm grey.

Archived