Gibson Brands Forums

Funk and Nectar, birds of a feather

j45nick

Hellou, , , what a nice film.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I can't seem to identify the Bird though - is it a fix bridge 1965er or a contemporary so called Original.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Have a little issue with my eyesight, , , thought I saw several of her more than once during the song.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Sheryl ~ U are a Gibson girl. 

Thanks Nick. Always loved her earthy voice and solid Americana song styling. Now I'll have to go in and see if there's one or two of her tunes I can butcher. 

I'd love to get high with her and take off her.........cheezy pick guard.

Edited by jedzep

9 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Hellou, , , what a nice film.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I can't seem to identify the Bird though - is it a fix bridge 1965er or a contemporary so called Original.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Have a little issue with my eyesight, , , thought I saw several of her more than once during the song.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Sheryl ~ U are a Gibson girl. 

Could be either one. People like her seem to be able to find extraordinary vintage pieces, but this one could be modern. Both the girl and guitar are great-looking 'birds.

2 hours ago, j45nick said:

Could be either one. People like her seem to be able to find extraordinary vintage pieces, but this one could be modern. Both the girl and guitar are great-looking 'birds.

Must be this one - 65 isn't a bad shot, , , 

Sheryl Crow And Soccer Mommy Confirmed For Nashville Benefit Concert

, , , , perhaps 66/67.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Must be this one - 65 isn't a bad shot, , , 

Sheryl Crow And Soccer Mommy Confirmed For Nashville Benefit Concert

, , , , perhaps 66/67.

That looks like the guitar. It's really hard to say whether it is old or new. I tried blowing the photo up to see if I could read the bottom of the label, but the photo resolution isn't good enough for that.

13 minutes ago, j45nick said:

That looks like the guitar. It's really hard to say whether it is old or new. I tried blowing the photo up to see if I could read the bottom of the label, but the photo resolution isn't good enough for that.

This is an oldie - see it on the flora/fauna colour and the width. 

Also the mop-dots on the bridge seems to be missing = New bridge. 

Edited by E-minor7

On 11/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, fortyearspickn said:

Yes she does.  This is an old classic.   One of my favorites.

I like and sometimes play this old tune. Originally written by Cat Stevens as early as 67. Turn those digits around and you'll get 76 where Rod Stewart made it a major hit.                                                                                              However he edited, or should we say cut, one line out  - an alteration to which Crow many many years later chose to be loyal - 

The first cut is the deepest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            The  first cut is the deepest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      When is come to bein' lucky she's cursed                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              When it comes to lovin' me she's worse                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    But when it comes to bein' loved she's first

Edited by E-minor7