Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Nice, I like both the white and red pictured above.

Both colors on my "want" list.

NHTom

The Radiant Red is a discontinued colour according to the Gibson website :( I have GAS for a wine red however, when I'm feeling a little more flush, I'll grab one :D

Well, I posted a thread on here a few months ago about a Studio that I have that I couldn't sell for $725. I was told that because it had 'Seymour Duncans" and not original pickups, that it wasn't worth jack.

Naturally, I thought this advice was moronic. To prove my point, I kept the guitar and added MORE non-Gibson hardware. I added Tone-Pros locking bridge and tailpiece, Faber locking posts, Sperzel locking tuners, Graphtech saddles and miscelanous other hardware. I just got it finished yesterday, and last night was the first time I was able to crank it up. The before and afters are below:

Before:

P1150730.jpg

And now, lady's and gentlemen; I give you The Bandit:

Studiopaul.jpg

Now THAT's a hot rod. Think she'll fetch $725 now?

AWESOME!! Think you should put gold pickup covers on too, the ebony needs a bit of bling!

Love a Studio thread so here's my studio premium+ in amber finish.

100_2855.jpg

100_2843.jpg

100_2852.jpg

100_2894.jpg

Lovely specimen, not seen this model before.

As much as I'd love to own a standard or traditional, I have to say that I'm not always sure about the plastic binding. Are the tonewoods in, say, a traditional significantly inferior or is it all cosmetic? Easy enough to change pickups anyway but I like the 490/498 combo.

Lovely specimen, not seen this model before.

As much as I'd love to own a standard or traditional, I have to say that I'm not always sure about the plastic binding. Are the tonewoods in, say, a traditional significantly inferior or is it all cosmetic? Easy enough to change pickups anyway but I like the 490/498 combo.

You drive a tough bargain, but OK, we can trade *Studios* even :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there everyone! I'll make this short and sweet. Last week I bought a new Fender Strat and a Epiphone Les Paul! So I was with my GF I told her I'm taking them back for a refund. She thought I was crazy. I wasn't. I was serious! I liked how the Fender played and all. It was a great axe. I liked how the Epiphone felt to but something wasn't right.

I knew then I needed a Gibson Les Paul to ease my mind and my thought process, so I went out and got me one. I ended up with a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II 1950's Sunburst! I fell in love as soon as I plugged it in and start to play. I'm one very happy guy to have this guitar. I love it! Sounds great! Just need to upgrade my amp to a tube down the road. Right now I'm using a Orange practice amp that works ok. Not great but gets the job done for the most part. Anyways here's a picture of my new beauty. I need a name for her, suggestions are welcome! Thanks everyone!

o06d.jpg

a6wp.jpg

I am so very excited to get my first USA made Gibson LP!! Amazon had a lightning deal this past weekend for a 2013 Studio with Min-Etune (wine red)...for 899.99. They sold out immediately, so I called Musicians Friend and asked if they would match Amazon's price (their asking price is $1275). The sales guy at MF asked me to email a screen shot of the Amazon pricing...which I did. MF then gladly matched the price...With no sales tax...AND free shipping...All for 899.99, including hardshell case!!! It is on the UPS truck and should be delivered today!

Just wondering...Being an LP newbie...whether you folks think this deal is as good as I think it is :) Also...would welcome any reviews from folks who have experience with this instrument...and any amp suggestions (I currently have a Fender Mustang II...I know; it's not a tube amp :)

Any info would be great! Looking forward to being in the Gibson LP family!

I am so very excited to get my first USA made Gibson LP!! Amazon had a lightning deal this past weekend for a 2013 Studio with Min-Etune (wine red)...for 899.99. They sold out immediately, so I called Musicians Friend and asked if they would match Amazon's price (their asking price is $1275). The sales guy at MF asked me to email a screen shot of the Amazon pricing...which I did. MF then gladly matched the price...With no sales tax...AND free shipping...All for 899.99, including hardshell case!!! It is on the UPS truck and should be delivered today!

Just wondering...Being an LP newbie...whether you folks think this deal is as good as I think it is :) Also...would welcome any reviews from folks who have experience with this instrument...and any amp suggestions (I currently have a Fender Mustang II...I know; it's not a tube amp :)

Any info would be great! Looking forward to being in the Gibson LP family!

Congrats and welcome to the club! You got a great guitar for a great price! Which studio did you get? Believe me you'll love it. I love mine! I have the Peavey Vypyr 1 I and love it. Great practice amp for $129 with lots of bells and whistles! Tube amps are hard to beat!

This is what I'm rocking out on now!

h0v6.jpg

Here she is! The action, build, and sustain are gorgeous! Now...gotta think of a name for her. Suggestions welcomed!

Now that's beautiful! Love that red look! What color is that? Congrats, now play it like you stole it! I'm still working on a name for mine to! Lol! [smile]

Thanks much!! It is called 'Wine Red'...and I am so pleased that the pick guard is more of a cream/off - white color. Pics online made it look really white, which would have been OK, but the off white makes it look that much more like...well...A GIBSON! I will let you know what I come up with for a name...Please do the same :)

First posting, so be gentle!

Just taken delivery of my Studio 2010 in Wine Red. My first Gibson and fell in love with it when I tried it out at Just Music in Munich, Germany. Only snag was the bridge pick up was not working so had to wait 2 months for the new one to be delivered and fitted!

post-61519-012489000 1386279509_thumb.jpgpost-61519-057559100 1386279353_thumb.jpg