Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

OK, I want to join, so here is my 2011, 60's Tribute Studio, Les Paul...

Love the P90's...I have noticed a lot of truss rod covers have engraved "Studio" on them, mine did not come with this, so I purchased one, any reason NOT to put it on? I was not sure if they were trying to emulate the early models and those didn't have them?

If anyone knows about this, let me know...thanks

post-44802-067677300 1340220872_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see lots of Vintage Mahogany action going on. Here's a pic of mine.

It wouldn't really be my first choice aesthetically, but I bought it because the mahogany/Burstbucker V combo makes it the best sounding guitar I've ever played.

The true definition of a "studio".

gibson2.jpg

gibson1.jpg

luke-will-never-sell-his-les-paul.jpg

Well, a couple of weeks ago I bought my first (used) Gibson [thumbup] ... A beautiful Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded in Worn Brown. [wub] All is still original, I only removed the pickguard.

Here are some pics. And I must say, I never been a huge fan of those thick necks, but this neck plays like a dream.

Pics are not that good, taken with flash, if it's sunny here I'll go outside, and get some better pics ...

post-45615-077033300 1342773601_thumb.jpg

post-45615-064415600 1342773604_thumb.jpg

Those are cool guitars without a doubt.I don't know how rare those are,but I would guess that not a whole lot of people have one and there you are with two.Including yours that makes only the third picture of one I've ever seen.Very interesting guitars.

mine

post-45800-075015300 1343226470_thumb.jpg

Well, a couple of weeks ago I bought my first (used) Gibson [thumbup] ... A beautiful Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded in Worn Brown. [wub] All is still original, I only removed the pickguard.

Here are some pics. And I must say, I never been a huge fan of those thick necks, but this neck plays like a dream.

Pics are not that good, taken with flash, if it's sunny here I'll go outside, and get some better pics ...

Thats a sweet looking one.. [thumbup]

I love those worn brown studios. My brother in law has one and if it wernt for the 50s neck id have bought one fore sure.. Looks like a REAL bit of wood and you get the Burstbucker Pros which are better (I think) than the standard studio pickups you usually get :)

Happy playing man.. [thumbup] (if you feel like it we love to see vids or hear sound clips of people playing, so feel free to post (theres a thread in the lounge called Walk the Walk Talk the Talk)

Am new to this forum and trying to upload a pic of my 50s tribute gold top. I got some gibson mini humbuckers to replace the p90s and this thing sings! Any advice on how to post a pic? I've looked under this window and the upload pic option is greyed out!

Hello.

Go to http://photobucket.com/ and sign up.. its free.. Then when you have uploaded your pictures use the IMG link in your post (you can only post 5 pics an 2 videos per post).

Cheers. and enjoy.

Thanks. I got her as a birthday gift from our former drummer who has a tattoo shop. He has all kinds of cool/weird/funny stuff. I didn`t really know what else to do with her so I set her up in front of my amp. I think I saw her headbanging once or twice.... Notice also Beavis & Butthead velcroed to the cab. [biggrin]

She'll watch over your stuff!!