Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Well, I posted a thread on here a few months ago about a Studio that I have that I couldn't sell for $725. I was told that because it had 'Seymour Duncans" and not original pickups, that it wasn't worth jack.

Naturally, I thought this advice was moronic. To prove my point, I kept the guitar and added MORE non-Gibson hardware. I added Tone-Pros locking bridge and tailpiece, Faber locking posts, Sperzel locking tuners, Graphtech saddles and miscelanous other hardware. I just got it finished yesterday, and last night was the first time I was able to crank it up. The before and afters are below:

Before:

P1150730.jpg

Wow that guitar looks insane!!! very nice job

And now, lady's and gentlemen; I give you The Bandit:

Studiopaul.jpg

Now THAT's a hot rod. Think she'll fetch $725 now?

No more studios? C'mon... post pics of your studios, I'll try to take a pic of mine and post it... but anyway, it's an old (80s) white with gold hardware studio... (beaten to hell).

I had to send my blue stain finish one back due to a ding/dent in the neck around the 3rd fret..Causes a couple of high frets/fret buzz..Will post pics when i get my new one

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!

Just thought I'd join you guys all the way from Sweden by putting up a couple of pics of my brand new five month old baby!

R490 and T498 pickups, satin ebony studio Les paul with 60's neck. My first Gibson guitar! And it sounds, looks and thrashes out metal riffa like a gods sent!

(Pics coming soon, could seem to upload from my cell)

Hey!

Just thought I'd join you guys all the way from Sweden by putting up a couple of pics of my brand new five month old baby!

R490 and T498 pickups, satin ebony studio Les paul with 60's neck. My first Gibson guitar! And it sounds, looks and thrashes out metal riffa like a gods sent!

(Pics coming soon, could seem to upload from my cell)

And finally the pics:

post-46248-064415700 1346934829_thumb.jpg

post-46248-083585100 1346934897_thumb.jpg

Right out of the box:

post-46248-026068600 1346934846_thumb.jpg

post-46248-024388200 1346934886_thumb.jpg

Here is my 2011 Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute in Worn Honeyburst. I've added nickel pickup covers and changed the top-hats to speed knobs.

6279759077_f5ba80d715_b.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute Worn Honeyburst by matt.uk, on Flickr

I've seen your YouTube videos , amazing guitar player.

Mine is similar only because mine is dark back and

baked maple fretboard.

4A959BF8-0981-472F-813E-2B9D1B345CB2-622-000000CB8CC23B2C.jpg

• Upvote 1

... there is many computed tomography units on that planet. and every single one would see it the very same way!

yours

wolfi

PS: I love just because of the sweet sounds it makes. I don´ care about the looks...

Nice, howd you get your boss to allow you do quick pilot scan of your gibson.

We use a 40 slice brilliance, by Phillips , should scan mine, then do some 3d reformations

• 1 month later...

tell us about your les paul studio and put some pictures I will do so of mine soon.

"Rosie" and "Dr. Cyclops" (see pic)

2011 Les Paul Studio Faded in worn cherry

w/Fender pure nickel medium bullets

Behringer Eurolive B208 8" 200w powered speaker

Ibanez TSA15 head and bottom cab/Celestion 70/80 speaker

Ephiphone Valve cab w/ Weber Classic alnico 30w speaker

Behringer DC9 Dynamics Compressor, FX100 Multi fx, DR600 Digital Reverb, Dunlop Wylde Wah.

1991 Studio, ebony board. It had Gotoh tuners on it when I got it, and I've put superpots and RS Guitarcaps wired it push pull for series/parallel with SD Alnico II Pros on it. 424980_10150948642323937_1608764694_n.jpg

Hello! Just like my first Gibson ever! I bought Her in 1992 brand new. Selling Her was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life! [crying] Congratulations! Wonderful instrument, heavy as concrete tough. Cheers... Bence

I'm looking to purchase on of these myself. Can anyone tell me if this deal as good as it looks or if its too good to be true?

Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe

Looks like a damn good deal to me... It seems that Gibson is having a sake on at the moment to clear the pre 2012 stock.. So is a really good time to buy right now (unless one of the new models take your fancy)..

But studios are great guitars.. and that one has a lovely top [thumbup]

Thanks for the quick reply. Any clue how it sounds? None of my local shops have this specific model and youtube videos aren't that easy to judge by.

Actually havent got a clue :)

It says these are the pickups

Electronics

Neck pickup: 490R

Bridge pickup: Burstbucker Pro

Which is quite an unusual combination that ive not actually seen before.. BUT they are both great pickups so id imagine it sounds pretty darn good...

The thing with guitars especially Gibsons as they are hand finished, is that each one sounds ever so slightly different depending on how its set up and how resonant the particular piece of wood is that went into making it.. So the only way is to try it relly...

In saying that, most Les Pauls I have played have been very resonant.. Its the playability of the guitar that is important and is what makes me choose one over another, even if they are they same model and colour. It all comes down to your personal taste really. If your purchasing online, then you take that risk really... Better to try and find one you can play in my view, but there are many members on here who do order online and have no problems.. So thats down to you :)

Good luck.. and of course we want to see pics of whatever you end up with.. Happy hunting (thats half the fun anyway ;))

Solid advice.

I played a LP Studio at my guitar shop, and while the strings they had on there were kind of old and cruddy, I did enjoy the sound. The only problem I had with it was that the neck was a little fat, but this model has a 60s profile neck instead of a 50s, so I think I'll be OK there. Plus, this model has a coil-split as well. The way I see it, this is almost guaranteed to be better than what I'm currently playing.

I think I'll take the plunge.