Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Well' date=' I posted a thread on here a few months ago about a Studio that I have that I couldn't sell for $725. I was told that because it had 'Seymour Duncans" and not original pickups, that it wasn't worth jack.

Naturally, I thought this advice was moronic. To prove my point, I kept the guitar and added MORE non-Gibson hardware. I added Tone-Pros locking bridge and tailpiece, Faber locking posts, Sperzel locking tuners, Graphtech saddles and miscelanous other hardware. I just got it finished yesterday, and last night was the first time I was able to crank it up. The before and afters are below:

Before:

[img']http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/hard_core_scott/P1150730.jpg[/img]

And now, lady's and gentlemen; I give you The Bandit:

Studiopaul.jpg

Now THAT's a hot rod. Think she'll fetch $725 now?

Wow. I'm impressed.

I love decals and mods' date=' that looks nice. But with all that work why sell her? I love that Trans Am decal; looks smart!!![/b']

thumbs_up.jpg

Well, actually, after hitting her with some much needed pollishing compound, I think I've decided to keep her.

Hell, I spent about $350 all-told, doubt I could get $1000 out of her anyways. I can't wait to bust this out on stage!

The serial number indicates my Wine Red Studio was built on the 365th day of 2006. In September/early October of that year, the big G started routing chambers in the mahogany body on virtually all their LP models. Maybe I'd have gone for a mint condition used one if I'd know that? Hate the fact that crud can be heard rattling around inside it...

397686588_6f89c9ea88.jpg

Beautiful grain on the maple cap, but whoever sanded the back before finishing, left a lot of sanding grooves in the wood. Love the sounds on offer from the stock 490R & 498T pickups however.

397688953_2ac4a5d48c.jpg

397691646_680c60bf71.jpg

3078027019_a7092859b0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great guitars guys.=D> This is my first post and id like to say i should be joining the club in a week or two finally got the funds saved. Just waiting to see if my local store is getting in the new swamp ash model cause id like to see one in person.

My first les paul was a studio, black, gold hard ware. I had to sell and it broke my heart:-({|= =D>

The rock sound out of it was just awesome!

am i right in thinking they have slightly hotter PUs than a standard?

I love the natural finish on your one cincinnati. i think if i buy another studio i would go natural too.

Great guitars guys.=D> This is my first post and id like to say i should be joining the club in a week or two finally got the funds saved. Just waiting to see if my local store is getting in the new swamp ash model cause id like to see one in person.

Good luck.... You wont regret it...

Flight959

Haha' date=' no -- I did it myself. It may be loud looking to some, but I can't wait to see the response when I pull this baby out on stage.

It's really not a 'gawdy' in real-life as it looks here, though. It's sharp.[/quote']

Looks amazing, i love it thinking about custom paint on my Strat if i ever get around to it