Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Guess I'm in this club now! Very happy to be here to! Love Gibson axes! The best in the world! She's a beauty to play to! Love her tone very much! Happy Holidays everyone! Hope 2014 brings everyone happiness and good health! And some more Gibson's axes in their life's!! [smile]

Before:

db5c.jpg

After:

re5l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First time owning my very own Gibson Les Paul. It was love at first sight. The playability on this thing is amazing. [flapper]

I did make some minor changes already. Replace the black speed knobs for some nice amber top hats which I think suits it better. Also replaced the single-ply pickguard which was bugging me, looks cheap, with a nice 5-ply pickguard.

Before:

wd9q.jpg

After:

2c31.jpg

gka9.jpg

That's a great amp! I bet it sounds amazing! Looks great man! Rock on!!!

Thanks, Man!!! So far, the combination of the Studio and the VOX is like butter! I had a Fender Mustang II before getting the VOX and there is NO comparison. I feel like I went from a Hyundai to a Mercedes! I can see why tubes are so important to getting the best sound from a Gibson. The OD pedal I am using is the Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes, which is a really nice complement to this rig. Extremely happy with both the Studio (which is a 2013 min-etune) and the VOX! Take care!

First time owning my very own Gibson Les Paul. It was love at first sight. The playability on this thing is amazing. [flapper]

I did make some minor changes already. Replace the black speed knobs for some nice amber top hats which I think suits it better. Also replaced the single-ply pickguard which was bugging me, looks cheap, with a nice 5-ply pickguard.

Before:

wd9q.jpg

After:

2c31.jpg

gka9.jpg

I like the look of the new knobs and the pickguard. I may have to get one of those 5 ply guards for my alpine white studio.

Did it come with the gold TRC? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I like the look of the new knobs and the pickguard. I may have to get one of those 5 ply guards for my alpine white studio.

Did it come with the gold TRC? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Yeah, it came stock with the guitar. Was thinking about getting engraved possibly but alas, I don't think I'm worthy of that distinction yet.

Bought my first electric LP studio. What a great piece of art.

Any help for the best in house amp . I heard Fender Blue Junior was good for the price,

Yeah. There are many good amps out there. You may want to go with a used amp if you're on a budget. Best to try out a bunch with your guitar and see what you like.

BTW. Pics of the guitar?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. There are many good amps out there. You may want to go with a used amp if you're on a budget. Best to try out a bunch with your guitar and see what you like.

BTW. Pics of the guitar?

The fender junior is great for my needs. Thinking about buying a strat just to have one any thoughts or suggestions/