Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

• 5 weeks later...

Great pics, and beautiful guitar! Your Studio has a heck of a lot more flame than mine. [glare] What type of case is that?

thanks. its an epiphone case. couldn't just leave it in a bag and couldn't afford to drop another 200 clams on a gibson case.

i remember this guitar from the removing knobs from push/pull pots thread. love it

thanks, deeman. i'm finally making my way around the forum. i signed up for this place so that i could ask a few question. now i'm hooked.....

thanks. its an epiphone case. couldn't just leave it in a bag and could afford to drop another 200 clams on a gibson case.

An Epi case is good thinking. Looks like top quality too. Might just look into that. I'm not crazy about the Gator case I got for mine.

An Epi case is good thinking. Looks like top quality too. Might just look into that. I'm not crazy about the Gator case I got for mine.

epi cases are basically the same as gibson cases (some will argue that) minus the shroud. the epi case fits the studio like a glove. can't even leave the strap on when in the case. plus the epi logo may deter thieves better than a gibson logo.... a buddy of mine uses the SKB-56 case. i love it and may get one later on down the line.

SKBSKB-56Sweetwatercom-GoogleChrome.jpg

i'm thinking of experimenting and putting the classic cream plastics on it. i like the vintage cream or amber or whatever they call this new color plastic. but want to see what the classic cream color will look like.

And a nice entry it is, Michael!!

you ever have any troubles with that dsl 40? i finally got marshall to send me another one after months and months of being in the shop... mine kept cutting out and sometimes wouldn't come out of standby. my first one was from the first run... the new one they sent me has way better tone than the first one... marshall wasn't too happy over sending me a new one either....

Great pics, and beautiful guitar! Your Studio has a heck of a lot more flame than mine. [glare] What type of case is that?

it all depends on where the light is coming from. one direction and you can't see the flame at all. another direction and the flames burst out of it....

thanks. its an epiphone case. couldn't just leave it in a bag and could afford to drop another 200 clams on a gibson case.

I was in the same situation on eh LP Special I just picked up. Not a bag fan and didn't want to spend that much on the gibby case, so I too chose the epi case.

No shroud and only one neck support (one end of the tool box instead of both ends), but for the money, it fit the guitar perfectly, is plenty safe, and a good deal.

As mentioned above, I don't mind the epi logo as it may deter theft.....lol. Used to work for a PA and Lighting company who always bought used produce trucks and left the produce company logo on them. I asked why they never put their logo on them and was told "Cause no one steals a truck full of lettuce outside a club at 2AM".......same idea here.

NHTom

As mentioned above, I don't mind the epi logo as it may deter theft.....lol. Used to work for a PA and Lighting company who always bought used produce trucks and left the produce company logo on them. I asked why they never put their logo on them and was told "Cause no one steals a truck full of lettuce outside a club at 2AM".......same idea here.

NHTom

Back in the day my band had a 5x8 trailer to haul our gear to shows. No stickers or logos were ever put on the trailer because we didn't want to draw attention to the fact that we had thousands of dollars worth of gear in there. Plus when we finally sold the thing it still looked nice and new on the outside and probably got more money for it than if we had painted it or stickered it up.

The serial number indicates my Wine Red Studio was built on the 365th day of 2006. In September/early October of that year, the big G started routing chambers in the mahogany body on virtually all their LP models. Maybe I'd have gone for a mint condition used one if I'd know that? Hate the fact that crud can be heard rattling around inside it...

397686588_6f89c9ea88.jpg

Beautiful grain on the maple cap, but whoever sanded the back before finishing, left a lot of sanding grooves in the wood. Love the sounds on offer from the stock 490R & 498T pickups however.

397688953_2ac4a5d48c.jpg

397691646_680c60bf71.jpg

3078027019_a7092859b0.jpg

Same colour as my 60's tribute -absolutely gorgeous guitar

Hey all. I am new to the Gibson Forum and new to Gibson guitars. I just picked up this 2013 Studio in Wine Red last month.

Unfortunately I have had hardly any amp time due to schedules not working to meet up for a jam. I hope to crank it up this Friday!

image_zps67250be9.jpg

image_zpse1b8b201.jpg

image_zps596100fc.jpg

Hey all. I am new to the Gibson Forum and new to Gibson guitars. I just picked up this 2013 Studio in Wine Red last month.

Unfortunately I have had hardly any amp time due to schedules not working to meet up for a jam. I hope to crank it up this Friday!

I had a 2013 Studio in Vintage Sunburst. I'm sure you'll love your Wine Red. HNGD!

I had a 2013 Studio in Vintage Sunburst. I'm sure you'll love your Wine Red. HNGD!

The VS Studio was the only other 2013 they had at the shop. I had it narrowed down to those two and a 2014 LPJ with the Zebra humbuckers. The LPJ felt good and sounded good too, but I decided between the 2013's and the Wine Red spoke to me more than the VS.