Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

^that's great, I'm very happy for you! When I started saving up for a Studio I wanted to get the wine red but I let go after I found out that they don't have ebony fingerboards now... but it's still gorgeous! :)

Well thanks! It's very much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Love a Studio thread so here's my studio premium+ in amber finish.

100_2855.jpg

I have the same LP Studio Premium Plus in Amber. I did swap out for original pups for DiMarzio PAF® 36th Anniversary Neck DP103 model guitar pickup and DiMarzio PAF® 36th Anniversary Bridge DP223.

These pups sound great...and since I decided I wanted to keep the covers off ...I went with all black appointments. I think it turned out great with all the black. I also changed the original to a bone nut

Question on if you guys think it is lame to swap the truss rod cover to one that says LP Custom. I am not worried that mine is a "lowly" studio, but felt that I had done so much to the guitar...it is a custom now. LAME?

SE_LP_Premium1.jpg

SE_LP_Premium2.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I don't suppose it's sad news, just news, but I traded off my LP Studio Satin. Honestly, being a person who has little need for humbuckers, and preferring the Epi Dot humbucker tone on the one I recently got, it didn't make sense to keep the Gibby. After all the BS I went through with Musician's Friend over the return and taking 3 months to get a refund on shipping, I guess I look back on it as something less than a pleasant experience. Not that the LP that I eventually got from Guitar Center had a single thing wrong with it, it was just a tone to tone comparative thing and the Dot won.

So, I'm in the market for something else...

Hi all! This is my first post. Just joined the forum. Thought I'd start here in the Studio Club since I am a Studio owner. I have been enjoying all of the pictures posted in this thread. Some really beautiful guitars! I especially like the burst models. Below are some pictures of my 1990 Studio. There's nothing really unique about it except maybe the ebony fretboard. There doesn't seem to be a lot of them in combination with the wine red finish. I am the original owner and still have the original receipt. I paid $535.00 plus tax for it at a local music store back in 1990. I wouldn't take twice that much for it now. Well...maybe. But only if I were going to put it toward a new ice tea traditional or something. [love]

0015.jpg

0016.jpg

0017.jpg

0018.jpg

"between 1999-2000 even their body got slimmed and with the 1/4 ? size crown inlays. it was the worst version of the studio and seemed to be ending its life anytime. they were pretty unpopular ofcourse."

I don't know about this. I have a 1999 Studio that I bought brand new, and honestly I wouldn't trade it for any of the Studios that are available today. Not that there is anything wrong with the new ones... I just don't see where there is any problem with the 1999-2000 models. Anyone else with an opinion?

Hello all. So I guess I'm now a member of the Les Paul family after defecting from the SG family. I recently bought an SG standard and it has a neck problem and the dreaded G-String issue. In stead of dumping more money into it I returned it and picked up the LP. I was torn between the two to start with so I hope this was a sign that it was meant for me to have the LP. Here's some pics of my love.

001.jpg

003-1.jpg

I haven't read all the threads and maybe this question has already been answered, but how does a LP studio stand up against the standard and customs LP's from a purely tone point of view.

I have a 90's LP studio which admittedly I hardly play (prefer acoustics) but was always wondering if the studio is a significant compromise to the standard and custom LP's.

Can anybody offer their perspective?