Gibson Brands Forums

Hey guys new to the forum check out my lp

Smokeythebear

I bought a les Paul custom and I’m loving the sound just getting used to thee feel of it ... anybody have one of these and experience the low E being a little to close to the fretboard so it tends to slide off ? I’m in Eb with 10-46 strings I’m gonna switch to 10-52 gauge see if that helps ! It’s a zakk wylde les Paul custom 2008 but refinished by previous owner ! 

• 1 month later...

That's a great guitar!!

I wish I could help with the high E, but I can never remember if that's the bottom one, (the light-gauge number 1 string with a higher octave) or the top one, (the number 6 string , the heavier gauge  one). 

The spacing and nut slots all look good to me. 

Are you doing upward bends on that heavy E, or downward bends on the bottom light-gauge E?

😐

It’s both E’s are supper close to the fretboards edge so u basically gotta make sure youre always pressing straight down on the fret and if you’re doing bends make sure it’s away from the edge because it can slip of very easily on both strings ... it’s not life or death I mean I changed the strings to a little thicker and that helped but it’s forced me to be more accurate with my fingers ... it’s also a massive baseball bat guitar neck  ... So it could just take some time to continue getting used to I mean already with the string change it’s happening less and less I’m hesitant to do anything to it but am thinking about taking it to a luthier I know to see what he thinks 

On 1/1/2021 at 12:25 AM, Retired said:

A photo would help.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, sparquelito said:

That's a great guitar!!

I wish I could help with the high E, but I can never remember if that's the bottom one, (the light-gauge number 1 string with a higher octave) or the top one, (the number 6 string , the heavier gauge  one). 

The spacing and nut slots all look good to me. 

Are you doing upward bends on that heavy E, or downward bends on the bottom light-gauge E?

😐

Thank you it sounds really nice !!!!