Gibson Brands Forums

Hey guys new to the forum check out my lp

Smokeythebear

D0132817-57E6-4FE2-A38C-0AA4B4A96ECA.jpeg.3398c6f873317d46816aef1f823d8281.jpegI bought a les Paul custom and I’m loving the sound just getting used to thee feel of it ... anybody have one of these and experience the low E being a little to close to the fretboard so it tends to slide off ? I’m in Eb with 10-46 strings I’m gonna switch to 10-52 gauge see if that helps ! It’s a zakk wylde les Paul custom 2008 but refinished by previous owner ! 

26DA448A-2D87-467A-BA00-EF77D8B6C0D2.jpeg

Looks very nice.   Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have a LP custom (with P90 pickups).   But no E string issue.....then again I'm not in Eb.  I think you will get used to it and compensate.

Best wishes!

Edited by jdgm

I love to play with 9's on my electric guitars, and 10's on my Les Paul. 

Here's an idea;
If all the upper (EADGB) strings are to your liking, but the very bottom, light-gauge E string is slinkying off the bottom, you may want to change out just that one string. 

Experiment with an 11 or 12 (you can buy individual strings at most guitar stores), and see how well she behaves in Eb tuning. 

https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/ernie-ball-acoustic-guitar-single-string-1011-11.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&googleshopping=yes&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzZL-BRDnARIsAPCJs71WOTqoxE75nnA5Zb3uwx7x9zXmorJKnDpHzTN4AT_MtgkNYceXU1kaAmi_EALw_wcB

ernie-ball-plain-steel-single-strings-10