Gibson Brands Forums

Got the Hummingbird of my dreams!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last month I asked reddit for advice on choosing between a Martin HD28 or Gibson Hummingbird for my first guitar. In the end the Hummingbird stole my heart (though the Martin will definitely come, jus

Glad GC was accommodating, and had an upgrade on hand at a discount !    Sometimes things work out really well like this.  Congrats!  Based on the case, I'd say this was a serious upgrade.  What

That is a beauty.  Glad your timing was right in getting an exchange on sale plus the baked top should enrich the tone.  Each Gibson is an individual in the way they look, play, and sound.  It would s

Posted Images

19 hours ago, IconoclastTX said:

I just got mine a couple of days ago and I freaking love it!I decided to upgrade my Martin D-15 to a Gibson 1960 Hummingbird. It has a much softer tone and clearer distinct notes...I love it! I should for how much it cost me! https://www.gibson.com/.../1960.../Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst148473731_10158216622049141_753819655460

What a beauty!! Just as soon as I stopped thinking about it, here you go showing off your 1960 reissue. You're definitely making me itch for another HB lol. Would love to hear some sound samples if you have any. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, Pinch said:

IMO you absolutely made a good choice getting a really good guitar to start on. It can make or break a player right there and then. Welcome to the forums, and happy playing!

Definitely!  A guitar like this is inspiring.  It makes you want to get better.  If I was forced to pick just one of my Gibsons, I suspect it would be my Hummingbird.  They’re all great guitars for me, but “the bird” is “the bird.“

• Like 1