Gibson Brands Forums

HNAD

brad1

uzlZskZ.jpg?1

Got a Mesa Mini-Rectifier 25. Mint condition.  And I really like it!

2 Channels, all tube, FX Loop, and a few litte switches that do different stuff. Each channel can be set to either 25 or 10 watts individually. 

Found this one on Reverb for less than half the price of a new one. So of course, I had to get it. Came with a bag/case too. 

Sounds superb!

• Like 2

I just downloaded the Owner's Manual.  I have never seen such a detailed and user friendly owner's manual in my life; especially for an amp. 

It pretty much tells you the name of every part on the amp and how to replace it.  Lots of helpful and interesting stuff to read in there. 

And replacing tubes in a Mesa looks to be super easy too.  No wonder these things have such a good reputation.[smile]

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, saturn said:

Great score. What cabinet are you running it through?  

Thanks. I have a set up where I run my amp heads into a splitter, with one line going to a 1x12 Bugera cab (Turbosound speaker which sounds great) and the other to a Hughes and Kettner 1x10 with a Celestion Ten 30. 

Both cabs have  quite different sounds and I like switching between both with different guitars and amps. 

7OYQADi.jpg

Edited by brad1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, duane v said:

but the question is......

Does it get the brown sound?????

Congrats Brad!!! 

Oh yeah!  And every shade of brown you could think of.

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

my sons band mate had a MB Rec. combo, 2x12  I think it was 100wats that he left as his house.

I swear that thing moved his foundation a few feet after I used it a few times.  Sucker ROARED.

Roar is a good descriptive word for this thing  

40 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

This is high-end stuff in my book. Congrats! 

My book too.  Never thought I would own one.  But saw it on Reverb for $699.  They are about twice that new. 

• Thanks 1