Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standard Gold Top - PAFs or P90s?

ddsax422

17 minutes ago, ddsax422 said:

Haha it's possible I just not get either of the Les Pauls.

Just get one  (or more) of everything. I have 14 Les Pauls, 3 SGs, 14 Resonators, 24 steel guitars, a bunch of Fenders  (including Music Man and G&L), but only one Gretsch.  And a shed load of others. I have HBs, P90s, Filtertron, single coils  (many), and a bunch of custom made pickups by assorted experts. At the end of the day though, the sound comes from my brain and my fingers, which is where  the real magic is. 

On 12/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, steve@steveharr said:

Just get one  (or more) of everything. I have 14 Les Pauls, 3 SGs, 14 Resonators, 24 steel guitars, a bunch of Fenders  (including Music Man and G&L), but only one Gretsch.  And a shed load of others. I have HBs, P90s, Filtertron, single coils  (many), and a bunch of custom made pickups by assorted experts. At the end of the day though, the sound comes from my brain and my fingers, which is where  the real magic is. 

We like pictures, you know...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 3:04 PM, 01GT eibach said:

Based upon what you said, I recommend you initially go the Standard HB route.  If you are like me, you will get the humbucker Standard and bond heavily with it and love it to death -- what a perfect guitar.  Then you will eventually also get the LP w/ P90s (I got one of those too just recently).

I still have months to decide which one to get first, but I think I will follow your suggestion.