Gibson Brands Forums

Identification Help

wsmit

Hello,

My name is Will.  I have owned acoustic guitars over the years but recently I decided to do more playing for the Grandkids.

I joined this site because I need some help from someone to truly identify a recent guitar purchase.

I think I bought my first Gibson.  It was sold to me as a 1973 Hummingbird and has some of the looks of that year guitar.

The guitar has no soundhole label just a serial number and Made In USA on the back of the neck.

It is not in good condition but plays and sounds good.  I have a few pictures I can upload if someone is willing to help.

Reply here and I will upload some of them. The picture are too large to upload here

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Will in Florida

Hi Will and welcome

For the real deal you need to -

Upload photos to an image-sharing site (e.g. Imgur, Postimage which is free) and then you get a link to copy and paste into your posts. That is what we all do.

Then, write a post about your Hummingbird with pics in the Acoustic section of the Gibson forum, which is where all the experts are.  You should get an informed reply.

Best wishes!