Gibson Brands Forums

Looking to buy my first ever Gibson es335! Need advice from the experts!

nogingerno

Hey everyone!

I'm looking to buy an es335 and have a few things I'm after in a 335 that I can't seem to find that fit my price range. I'm looking for a '61 style 335 with the skinny neck and smaller nut width, which is available on the '61 VOS custom shop models, however, I'm not looking to splurge that much and I'm liking the satin es335 US model, but it features a slightly larger nut width and the 'rounded c' which is larger than the '61 skinny C. Is there anything within my price range ($3000-$3500 budget) that fits what I'm after? Thanks!

16 hours ago, nogingerno said:

Hey everyone!

I'm looking to buy an es335 and have a few things I'm after in a 335 that I can't seem to find that fit my price range. I'm looking for a '61 style 335 with the skinny neck and smaller nut width, which is available on the '61 VOS custom shop models, however, I'm not looking to splurge that much and I'm liking the satin es335 US model, but it features a slightly larger nut width and the 'rounded c' which is larger than the '61 skinny C. Is there anything within my price range ($3000-$3500 budget) that fits what I'm after? Thanks!

You are just gonna have to look used and see what you can find if you have to have the specs you want.