Gibson Brands Forums

BFG CLUB show em off

BFG 28

Working on a 3rd right now.

This one I've given a faded Trans Amber Burst to.

gibsonbfgtransambernitr.jpg

This pic is obviously before any finish wet sanding & polishing. Been sitting for close to 3 weeks now! Just one or two more to go before the Nitro has cured enough to be polished up!

I'm really liking the Chrome Tail Piece & Bridge as well as the brighter Tuners!

I also refinish Vintage Mahogany LP's. I'm seriously considering swapping out the hardware. I already know how the Chrome from the VM will look on the BFG thanks to the pics here, but am unsure just how the Distressed Black Chrome will look on the VM?

Hmmmm...

To be continued!

How does the Gary Moore BFG play? According to Musician's Friend' date=' it's not available until the 27th of March.[/quote']

It plays very smoth the neck feels great and the tone is rich, bright and crunchy all at the same time one of the best LP's i have ever played sorry standerd lovers O:)

Aye, BFGs are great guitars, I love mine. I remember the day I saw it in the shop - instant GAS! I had to convince the missus though but after two days it was mine! What's funny all my friends (including my wife) cosider the BFG to be better looking than the standard! It's more interesting for sure and IMHO it's more versatile tone wise.

If I ever have to sell one of them BFG will stay...

Here are a couple of old pics of mine (a lil over the top for some' date=' haha):

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/NYRayman/Miscellaneous/IMG_0878.jpg[/img]

IMG_0879.jpg

I've been meaning to hand pinstripe the flames, but I've been reaaaally lazy, haha.

I still think that ones pretty sweet. I just put a set of top hat knobs on and ordered a black pickguard bracket and black metal jack plate from WDMusic, I'll post some pics when I get the new hardware on it.

Archived