Gibson Brands Forums

ZAPPA

Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, 62burst said:

That is very different from the other one. possibly Experimental jazz can include this in the definition.  QuestionMark uses this wide definition.

= 👍                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

,                                                                                                                                                                                                                , , but so typical Frank to leave his over-status in. . 

34 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Nez-Zappa.jpg

I've been a Zappa fan since the early 80s when a Canadian frind turned me on to him, and it's been downhill ever since.

Yeah I knew who he was and heard a few of his songs, and a friend in late '79 or '80 loaned me Apostrophe and Zoot Allures and then 40+ years later and a whole bunch of  bad decisions and voila. 

If you watch the doc Ruth Underwood explains it all . What kind of music is it? Its Zappa.

He marched to no ones drum but his own and made music for himself and if you wanted to hear it he put it out for you to listen to or not listen to. He stated that a few times in the doc.