Gibson Brands Forums

What made you happy today?

Notes_Norton

I had cash burning a hole in my pocket for the last several years. Just Birthday cash saved up and stashed away till it added up to to a decent amount. But what to get with it?  Since I have been a collector of antique firearms for decades I thought of getting one more but why? At my age and I certainly have more than enough plus I don't shoot or hunt. Another guitar was another thing on the mind but I have 9 of them. Another thing I really don't need. So I went to Dietz Music and shopped around for awhile. I came home with a Marshal amp. 35 amps, it's really loud so I have to kick the volume and gain down but the effects on it are great. Thats what I wanted to replace my old burned out Vox amp with all those effects on it.  I haven't even explored this thing yet and found a ton. I like the British and American tones and the Blues. There are several of each. I have no clue what this amp is yet? It just says Marshall and 35 amp. There are 3 letters on it, a:    CO and a backwards C next to the O and a 25 below that. Anyway, I love the Fender Super Champ X2 tube amp I have and I gave my Fender Mustang ll amp which was really new and unused to my son with a new chord to plug in. I told him, "Happy Father's Day."  The Marshall amp is my Father's Day to myself. I told him not to get me anything. He can just give me a card I told him. 

11 hours ago, Retired said:

I had cash burning a hole in my pocket for the last several years. Just Birthday cash saved up and stashed away till it added up to to a decent amount. But what to get with it?  Since I have been a collector of antique firearms for decades I thought of getting one more but why? At my age and I certainly have more than enough plus I don't shoot or hunt. Another guitar was another thing on the mind but I have 9 of them. Another thing I really don't need. So I went to Dietz Music and shopped around for awhile. I came home with a Marshal amp. 35 amps, it's really loud so I have to kick the volume and gain down but the effects on it are great. Thats what I wanted to replace my old burned out Vox amp with all those effects on it.  I haven't even explored this thing yet and found a ton. I like the British and American tones and the Blues. There are several of each. I have no clue what this amp is yet? It just says Marshall and 35 amp. There are 3 letters on it, a:    CO and a backwards C next to the O and a 25 below that. Anyway, I love the Fender Super Champ X2 tube amp I have and I gave my Fender Mustang ll amp which was really new and unused to my son with a new chord to plug in. I told him, "Happy Father's Day."  The Marshall amp is my Father's Day to myself. I told him not to get me anything. He can just give me a card I told him. 

Good on you!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 9:10 AM, Notes_Norton said:

Correction, the doughnuts are a little more than 1 carb each.

I told Mrs. Notes  that I liked the last zero carb doughnut recipe she tried even more than this one.  She agreed and added that this recipe has a little more than one carb per doughnut.

What made me happy today?

Last night I had a problem with my MOTU 128 MIDI Express interface. Well, actually it was with the computer. When I opened up Band-in-a-Box to work on some new styles, BiaB told me that something else was using the MIDI interface so BiaB couldn't access it and asked me if I wanted to use another.

Funny it worked  earlier in the day.

I restarted  BiaB, then the computer. Went to the task manager to see if anything unusual was running (nothing was). Next I tried using Master Tracks Pro to access the MOTU and got a similar message. Knowing that a restart and a complete shut off and reboot are different, I tried the complete reboot. No success. I directed great obscenities at it and threatened to get out the fixin' stick, and the computer was not intimidated.

Today, I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software, and it's working again. That made me happy.

Insights and incites by Notes

Well we go to Dunkin and get the real Mcoy there Lol. 

What made me happy today?

Nothing so far!  Mentioned in the Epi forum that I was supposed to get my central A/C put in today, but rain that wasn't predicted came pouring down.  And there's some welding and electrical work outside that can't be done when it's raining.  But that's the price I pay for being a law abiding citizen.

And THAT law is MURPHY'S.  [wink]

Whitefang

On 6/18/2021 at 8:48 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

My post about a new US Federal Holiday got taken down. Happy no, perplexed yes. Nothing I posted was political or racial or sexual. So there is that. I'm gonna BBQ and have a beer in a few hours, so fuk it.

Probably its a rep thing. Maybe thought it was about time but didn't find anything. Then reasoned; 'phuk it, we'll take one down anyway'.

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I have a couple of good offers for my house. One of them will be accepted. Solicitor engaged today. Its all systems go...

Have you found a new place too?

I think Sgt's post about the new US holiday may have been construed as potentially political....think the vaccine thread has also gone now.

Edited by jdgm

4 hours ago, jdgm said:

I think Sgt's post about the new US holiday may have been construed as potentially political....think the vaccine thread has also gone now.

I was going to post something about Dr. Seuss ...   but that's political now too. 

12 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I have a couple of good offers for my house. One of them will be accepted. Solicitor engaged today. Its all systems go...

Selling your house? Best wishes for you in your adventures. We saw a home today for sale Deb & I would love and its pretty close to our son's house which Deb would love being closer to the grandkids. It's across the street from a golf course. Probably more pricy then we want and its a 2 story which we would prefer a ranch.  But its on a corner lot with no homes behind it and has a great deck behind with a tall rod iron fence around a big back yard for Sundance. I don't know? We might have to sell the other house over by where Aksarben used to be also. We might have to set a appointment to go through it?  I would love to get out of this old house that was built in 1890.  Lots of people want to move in here so it would sell fast. 

15 hours ago, jdgm said:

No. I'm selling my old house which has just been vacated by my son & his fiance. I lived there until 17 years ago when I moved back to the family home to care for my mother. I stayed after she passed. So this will help top up my pension fund.

Good: Have just accepted an offer for it.

Not so good: I'm gonna get hit with capital gains tax.