Gibson Brands Forums

NGD at last

Rabs

I thought this deserved its own thread 🙂  This is the first guitar I have bought since about 2011 and may be my last....  This is a guitar I have wanted for over a decade now since I first tried one and they are amazing. Slim taper neck which is perfect for me 57 pickups and its beautiful..  What else could I have asked for..  Gibson really dont make many of these and I think I got the last one for sale in this country new or second hand.. So yeah..  A good day..  Was a bad night last night though so I didnt sleep pretty much at all and after the 5 hours driving today am too knackered to change strings and do a setup, but that will come very soon  🙂 

So yup.. I found a 336.. The colour I wanted too.  Check this baby out.

uwdqUyz.jpg

wfwphHV.jpg

6lvsDgZ.jpg

vG6Gr2a.jpg

zae4yPy.jpg

MkYdVAT.jpg

nAApVra.jpg

96DIRKu.jpg

Theres a new sheriff in town  🙂 

YGvRKKD.jpg

NICE!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rct said:

Beautiful guitar Rabs.  Congratulations and enjoy!

rct

Cheers man.  And everyone..  I am proud to own it..  Tomorrow I will give it a good going over and then the fun really starts  [thumbup]

I tell you what they also had in the shop which I was quite tempted by..  A Les Paul Signature model..  Its a shame it had been so messed with but the price wasnt bad a £2295.. I reckon he would take more like 2k if pushed..  Was sorta tempted..   I picked it up and it was way heavier than youd think.

3oKlFv8.jpg

iHtdBOM.jpg

AXQTiRP.jpg

And also I thought this old Honfner was kinda cool

MzOUTYB.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jdgm said:

LP Signature - Grog is the man for these - getting rarer too.....

Ohh yeah.. One other very interesting item they had in the shop was a small little Fender combo amp where the cabinet was made of Zebra wood ( I think its called a Fender Woody).. So so pretty.. And so so expensive (£1010) and only two control knobs for that price.

BZ8yWsT.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I can not think of a more deserving person.

That's just gorgeous, too.

Congratulations on your ICONIC purchase!

Aww, cheers man..  Yes I am very happy with it.. Its in very good condition.. Not quite perfect but then thats cool.. No guitar stays perfect forever anyway ..

Do you know how to work out the serial numbers on these?

2 minutes ago, Marky Forrest said:

Wow, Rabs, she is absolutely stunning! My heartfelt congratulations on your treasure.

Cheers... Yeah its a mad thing to own really..  Been a long day though so it hasnt all quite sunk in yet.. At the moment it feels a bit like I am looking at someone elses guitar 🙂  Tomorrow after a good nights sleep I will give her some TLC (not that she needs much), a good wipe down and oiling and set up, even though again, its pretty darn well set up as is so I will only need to make a few tweaks..

One thing.. If you can see the last owner installed speed knobs.. It should have the amber witch hats (which are in the case).. Wondering if I should leave them as is or swap them out.

Also unlike my LPs, the Gibson nerd in me says that with this guitar it should probably be kept in its case when not being played.

• Like 1