Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Rabs

NGD at last

Recommended Posts

You got one already......! Where did you find it? It couldn't have appeared long ago, coz I did a search too. You must have sped like a rabbit on a promise. 🤣

That's just terrific. Really glad for you 😍🤩

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Your pictures don't show up on my iPad. But a 336 is great no matter what color. Enjoy!! Someday I'll run into one.....Someday....

Cheers...  Its a darkburst  🙂  One with a bit of red between the dark brown and the yellow in the middle ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Dude.... nice new guitar!! Congrats and I hope you love it

 

I wanna go to that shop you were at. Looks like a Selmer Treble n Bass in one pic

Yes it was a very cool little shop in a tiny quaint English village...  When I go to places like that it does make me wonder why I still live in London sometimes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

You got one already......! Where did you find it? It couldn't have appeared long ago, coz I did a search too. You must have sped like a rabbit on a promise. 🤣

That's just terrific. Really glad for you 😍🤩

Well I had found this one in my searches, as said, it literally seems to be the last one for sale in this country.. It was on Reverb but not easy to find..  A place called Oasis Music in a village called Ringwood just outside Bournemouth..  Really interesting little shop with a guy who has been in there doing it for 30 years.,.. Loads of oddments and bits and bobs...  Id say go and check his web site but theres not as much on it as is in the shop..

I found it last week after loosing out on the 356 but decided to keep it to myself until it was sorted.. You never know whos watching out there 😄   Before I left yesterday I called the guy and asked him to take it off Reverb just in case someone were to buy it while I was driving down, and he did...  Was taking no chances at all this time..

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

SUPER AWESOME COOL RABS - that thing rocks.  Any chance of Rabswoods putting out a hollowbody?  Enjoy that thing, I know I would!

I have done a chambered body before like that flamed LP DC I posted earlier..  It just didnt have F holes.  I do intend to build again.. I was just having some time off woodworking for a bit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!!  So glad you found one - and it is a beauty.  Exactly what you were looking for with the slim taper neck and Classic '57s.  I believe with these custom shop guitars the first number is the year.  The 356 I have was built in 2017 and the number starts CS 7XXXXX.  I can't quite see from the photo if yours starts with a 5 or a 6 so it could be a 2005/6 or a 2015/16?  If you email Gibson I'm sure they can tell you exactly when it was built.

And yes it should be kept in the case when you are not playing (as should your LPs as well)!!!

So happy for you - play and enjoy 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

Congratulations!!  So glad you found one - and it is a beauty.  Exactly what you were looking for with the slim taper neck and Classic '57s.  I believe with these custom shop guitars the first number is the year.  The 356 I have was built in 2017 and the number starts CS 7XXXXX.  I can't quite see from the photo if yours starts with a 5 or a 6 so it could be a 2005/6 or a 2015/16?  If you email Gibson I'm sure they can tell you exactly when it was built.

And yes it should be kept in the case when you are not playing (as should your LPs as well)!!!

So happy for you - play and enjoy 👍 

Cheers man.. Yes I am very chuffed with now owning something I have wanted for over a decade.... 

And with my other LPs, I leave them out as I do enjoy looking at them (almost as much as playing them) and I love being able to grab one at random..  The thing is I do smoke and in this case I dont want the inside of the guitar to get all smoke filled and nasty.. My LPs I can clean.. Wont be able to clean the inside of this and I want to keep it all in good condition. Not that I ever intend to sell it. Im not a serial guitar buyer. The guitars I do buy I keep.... There was only one time when I went a bit mad with my GAS and ended up with 9 Gibsons but since then the ones I kept I dont ever want to sell.. I want to get a huge coffin and have them all buried with me when I go 😄 

The serial is 000293.. So does that make it a 2010?  If so that is very odd as I believe thats the first year I ever tried one out.

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome catch Rabs!!! Look at all those Gibbys. 

Now when you wake up in EVERY morning, look at yourself in the mirror and say this to yourself  "thy art only a man", repeat 10 times

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rabs said:

The serial is 000293.. So does that make it a 2010?  If so that is very odd as I believe thats the first year I ever tried one out.

The model was introduced in 2001, so I believe your serial number would mean it's from 2010.  I'm no expert though so check with Gibson.  It would be nice to know it's history.  We know it started out in Nashville, but I wonder how it made it's way across the pond and into a little shop in Ringwood?  What's it been doing the past 10 years?  Oh well, no matter, it has found a good permanent home now.   And yes, you need to put the original knobs back on it, (some pointers would even be cool) those chunky speed knobs are out of place on a classy guitar like that.  I am so happy for you - it's made my day!!

When you get time post a video demo of it like you did with Rabswood guitars.  You know, neck, middle, bridge, clean and distorted.

Edited by Twang Gang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Twang Gang said:

The model was introduced in 2001, so I believe your serial number would mean it's from 2010.  I'm no expert though so check with Gibson.  It would be nice to know it's history.  We know it started out in Nashville, but I wonder how it made it's way across the pond and into a little shop in Ringwood?  What's it been doing the past 10 years?  Oh well, no matter, it has found a good permanent home now.   And yes, you need to put the original knobs back on it, (some pointers would even be cool) those chunky speed knobs are out of place on a classy guitar like that.  I am so happy for you - it's made my day!!

I have mailed them so we will see, but 2010 kind of makes sense...

Also in my travels online looking for one, I found this.. Not sure if its true or not (that last bit about Orville).

The Gibson CS-336 is a semi-hollowbody electric guitar manufactured by Gibson Guitar Corporation's Custom, Art & Historic Division ("CS" is an abbreviation for "Custom Shop"). Introduced in 2001,[1] the CS-336 was the Custom Shop's first "tonally carved" guitar, meaning that the back, center block, and sides are carved from one single piece of wood (mahogany). This solid block of wood is mated to a carved maple top. After over 100 years, the CS-336 also represented the realization of company founder Orville Gibson's goal to produce an instrument with one-piece back-and-sides construction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After over 100 years, the CS-336 also represented the realization of company founder Orville Gibson's goal to produce an instrument with one-piece back-and-sides construction

  You can't rush these things, you know.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't resist a side by side comparison:

uwdqUyz.jpgmADYOwv.jpg

Yours looks to be a little more gold/yellow on the top (could just be photo lighting) and yours is much redder on the back and sides.  My back was very brown.  Also back in 2002 or so when I got mine the case had a combination lock.   Does our case say "Nashville Custom Art and Historic" on the top?    

Edited by Twang Gang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

After over 100 years, the CS-336 also represented the realization of company founder Orville Gibson's goal to produce an instrument with one-piece back-and-sides construction

  You can't rush these things, you know.

 

I think that is more marketstory than actual history.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok well, I'm fairly certain it is.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

Couldn't resist a side by side comparison:

 

Yours looks to be a little more gold/yellow on the top (could just be photo lighting) and yours is much redder on the back and sides.  My back was very brown.  Also back in 2002 or so when I got mine the case had a combination lock.   Does our case say "Nashville Custom Art and Historic" on the top?    

Looks like this

7AI7HhC.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

When you get time post a video demo of it like you did with Rabswood guitars.  You know, neck, middle, bridge, clean and distorted.

 

I  agree - that is a wonderful, superb idea!!!

=D>  [biggrin]

 

Edited by jdgm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

+1 to demo request.   

So with all those guitars, do you have a "#1"? 

Its always been my LP Classic.. The darkburst LP you can see in the pics...  Its also got an incredible neck and I love the sound of it.. When ever I do recording and want my best, thats the one I always go for.

I have a feeling the 336 is about to take top spot though 🙂   

Dont have any of my guitar tools here at the moment. Am going to pick them up tomorrow. I may try and get some of that virtuoso polish and see if I can get some of that swirling out.

Edited by Rabs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Its always been my LP Classic.. 

I have a feeling the 336 is about to take top spot though 🙂   

Hard to dethrone a good LP but I was thinking the same thing looking at the top on the 336.   👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rabs said:

Cheers...  Its a darkburst  🙂  One with a bit of red between the dark brown and the yellow in the middle ...

Finally one picture showed up, very,very nice.

Im excited for you, hope you enjoy that beast.

So how much is 3000 in usd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...