Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Lucille 1989

Clemént Renouf

Sweet. I had a red one. That seems to be a common theme around here, what is it worth, but I'll never sell it. So who cares what its worth if it gives you a chubby. Or you really want to know because you do want to sell it.

Here is what a guitar is worth at the moment of sale. Its worth what you are willing to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it and not a Sterling Pound more.

Look on ebay to see what they are going for, or reverb, or what ever online stores has them used in your neck of the woods.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sweet. I had a red one. That seems to be a common theme around here, what is it worth, but I'll never sell it. So who cares what its worth if it gives you a chubby. Or you really want to know because you do want to sell it.

Here is what a guitar is worth at the moment of sale. Its worth what you are willing to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it and not a Sterling Pound more.

Look on ebay to see what they are going for, or reverb, or what ever stores online type store that has them used in your country.

Sgt.,

Well said.

Perhaps Monsieur Renouf would get an answer more to his liking if he posted this in the proper forum.

RBSinTo

• Thanks 1

I try. I know I am considered an a-sshole here, but I have never lied or have given any one false information and try to give advice and tell people what the facts are to the best of my minimal  knowledge. I am sarcastic and try to inject humor into a humorless forum. 

I try. I know I am considered an a-sshole here, but I have never lied or have given any one false information and try to give advice and tell people what the facts are to the best of my minimal  knowledge. I am sarcastic and try to inject humor into a humorless forum. 

Indeed you do. Bat McNuggets is still funny.

12 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

Sgt.,

Well said.

Perhaps Monsieur Renouf would get an answer more to his liking if he posted this in the proper forum.

RBSinTo

You and Sarge are the most uplifting, inspiring, positive influences across all the Gibson sub-forums. 

(And I'm the most sarcastic. }

Welcome Clem. Don't let the turkeys get you down. Or ren u off !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

You and Sarge are the most uplifting, inspiring, positive influences across all the Gibson sub-forums. 

At least I'm not one of the guys or girls that just posts doom and gloom about CV-19, or have praise for and false idol worship for the orange guy that currently lives in a house that is white.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Mr. Pickn,

Sgt. P.'s reply pretty much reflects my thoughts.

And for the record, I have never tried to "ren " anyone off, nor would I.

Like me, or hate me as you want. That is your privilege. As it is mine not to care.

RBSinTo

1 hour ago, RBSinTo said:

Mr. Pickn,

Sgt. P.'s reply pretty much reflects my thoughts.

And for the record, I have never tried to "ren " anyone off, nor would I.

Like me, or hate me as you want. That is your privilege. As it is mine not to care.

RBSinTo

I wouldn't associate with me or you will get a bad name and be labeled as a non-conformist trouble making Martin loving Taylor Swift / U2 hater, and a Zappa fan to boot.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

At least I'm not one of the guys or girls that just posts doom and gloom about CV-19, or have praise for and false idol worship for the orange guy that currently lives in a house that is white.

I got a sad face emoji for saying I don't post doom and gloom and not worshiping Dump. So does someone what me to post doom and gloom, and I can't stand and don't follow politics at all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 2

I got a sad face for say I don't post doom and gloom and not worshiping Dump. So does someone what me to post doom and gloom, and I can't stand and don't follow politics at all.

I gave you a "thanks" for that one - guess its because I liked U2 as a teenager.

Back to the the OPs question.

I looked at reverb and some other sides. I was kind of surprised, how cheap they seem to be in the US, over here in Europe (you are in europe, right? at least kind of) they seem to go between 2500 - 4500 €. 

A new Es 355, which is the closest to your lucille, is about 5800,- new, so bottom line:

Be happy, you have a guitar you really like and its worth a lot to you, and you would have to pay at least twice as much, if you were on the hunt for a equivalent guitar.

Edited by littlejohnny

36 minutes ago, littlejohnny said:

I gave you a "thanks" for that one - guess its because I liked U2 as a teenager.

Back to the the OPs question.

I looked at reverb and some other sides. I was kind of surprised, how cheap they seem to be in the US, over here in Europe (you are in europe, right? at least kind of) they seem to go between 2500 - 4500 €. 

A new Es 355, which is the closest to your lucille are about 5800,- new, so bottom line:

Be happy, you have a guitar you really like and its worth a lot to you, and you would have to pay at least twice as much, if were on the hunt for a equivalent guitar.

My BB was the best electric I owned of the 20 or so Gibson's I used to own, and  the 15 or so Fenders I had (all were American made). I have no problem with someone asking what their guitar is worth, but 99 times out of 100 the next sentence is, but I would never sell it. So then to you its priceless, but more time than not it means they do what to sell it. I said about 1000 times I would never sell my BB. Well I didn't I traded it. The same but different.

Here is the OPs original statement.  "Does anyone have any idea what this would be worth? It’s a 1989 and has been both my first real guitar and my main guitar since I started playing. It’s definitely seen better days and I would never sell it, just curious."

It doesn't show who gave me a sad face, but it was probably one of the Acoustic Mafia that don't like me. Could care less. It just sends mixed signals from whoever it was.

Not sure if if he came back to find out what its worth.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I got a sad face emoji for saying I don't post doom and gloom and not worshiping Dump. So does someone what me to post doom and gloom, and I can't stand and don't follow politics at all.

I gave you 2 trophies to offset Mr. Chickensh1t arsehole who puts stupid faces on posts because he has no guts or brains to write something intelligent.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I gave you 2 trophies to offset Mr. Chickensh1t arsehole who puts stupid faces on posts because he has no guts or brains to write something intelligent.

LOL!   hey what the heck I dropped one too..

I am one of the guys that 100% gets our buddy Sgt. Pepper.  Rock on bruthas..

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I do just come here for the trophies.

Yeah,

The "Mister Congeniality" trophy, and the "Participation" Trophy for having the good manners to pick up and play a j-45 from time to time in a store to show the Fans that you're not an Anti-Gibsonite. (Well, not really).

Ferris Bueller, you're my hero!

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo